Home Forums Bike Forum TDF 2024 general chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

• This topic has 1,120 replies, 137 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by TiRed.
Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,121 total)
  • TDF 2024 general chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*
    Klunk
    Free Member

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I know it’s subjective, but he’s the greatest sprinter of all time and probably the greatest British cyclist of all time isn’t he?

Understatement of the century right there.

munrobiker
    Free Member

A good day to be ill on the sofa – I could snooze through much of it then was glued to the last 50km.

Classic Cavendish – smart, wiley, hopping from wheel to wheel then lightning fast at the finish.

Klunk
    Free Member

absolutely fantastic bunny hop (looked like a cofidis rider) over the Lidl trek rider down!

airvent
    Free Member

Yes lad!

snotrag

I just watched it again, its majestic. A few hundred metres out he is leaning all over the place making space.

Everyone goes to the right. The commentary and analysis said everyone needs to stick to the right. The bloody cameraman panned all the way to right.

He went all the way left.

Incredible.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Just seen the replay….. wouldn’t bet against a few more wins for him on that form! He’s beaten the best across basically 3 eras of TdF sprinters thought his career. A genuine sporting great.

Klunk
    Free Member

almost a disaster !!!!

TomB

Brilliant footage let us see exactly how he navigated through various half gaps, amazing win!

susepic

Couldn’t watch cos on a Teams call, but was able to avoid any news and watch back on discovery+ . F*ckin A. Watched it 3 times and my heart rate is still right up there.

Beautiful!

Kudos to Vinokourov for giving him another season to do that

crazy-legs

almost a disaster !!!!

Thankfully he was completely freewheeeling by that point, I think he slightly backpedalled which derailed the chain.

Klunk
    Free Member
    imnotverygood

Show some respect boys. It’s SIR Cav don’t you know

mrbadger
    Free Member

dusty in france too

probably fairly dusty somewhere in Belgium as well, for different reasons 😂

susepic

Jasper Phillipsen looking a bit cheesed off….Screenshot 2024-07-03 171316

paddy0091
    Free Member

Absolutely incredible victory!

^ Also his chain nearly always does that when he stops pedalling after sprinting! No issue or impending disaster

stevious

Also of historical note: Biniam Girmay takes green today.

mattcartlidge

Amazing, bit of panic straight after trying to find a slack admin after someone posted a spoiler in the work cycling slack channel, managed to get it deleted but a few saw it.

llama

Just watched it – wow! and that was a straight win, he showed Philippsen how it’s done there. Greatest Of All Time.

imnotverygood

My Garmin Watch tells me my HR went up to 140 during that finish!

avdave2

Watching from above and what is most striking is how he made all the right decisions at all the right times.

neilnevill
    Free Member

#GoSirCav! #35tdf #Goat!

So happy!  Sat on a bus home and struggling not to cry.

grahamt1980

I didn’t want to watch it,  not because I thought it would jinx but I want sure I could manage it

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Work MSTeams channel completely spoiled it for me. Ok, I work in ‘bikes’, but FFS… not all of us can spend 3 weeks of every summer watching the tour in work hours 😩

TiRed

Delighted

Jasper Phillipsen looking a bit cheesed off….

He missed Cav’s jump and that meant he had further to ride, then couldn’t accelerate to come round. He’ll win plenty.I have Case Bol in my team as I was thinking Cav might go home early ;-)

And I was trying to avoid it, but this is bigger than cycling news, bigger than sports news really, so very hard to avoid. Mrs TiRed screaming “He’s done it!” from reading some feed was enough. It will move the TdF from back to front page for a day. And that’s no bad thing.

susepic

Ces Boll immediately after to eurosport….”we had  a plan and he f*ckin nailed it……oops sorry”

avdave2

Today we can celebrate an historical win, hopefully tomorrow it’ll be an historical loss 😂

Klunk
    Free Member
    onewheelgood

Did you see the guy bunny hopping the fallen rider? Awesome stuff!

https://x.com/CarelessLabs/status/1808528398190260624

MrOvershoot

Am lucky I can watch it all afternoon & was getting nervous & annoyed by the commentators talking about being possibly about to witness history. I was thinking don’t build this up only for him to finish 15th or worse still crash.

Well bloody hell that was like Super Cav of old!!
    The footage of him on all of his previous wins started to tip me over the edge & then we got the 2021 win, full on tears rolling down my cheeks :o

He really is Sir Mark Cavendish now :D

hightensionline

I think MvdP was borked after working so hard to get Jasper Disaster back in with a shout; when Alpecin lost their positioning, Campenaerts went to the front and did his usual – this may well have been a big help to Cav in shaking off a few rivals.

It looked like a bunny hop from Martin (I think?) over Pedersen, with a bit of using him as a ramp. Impressive skills!

binners

I updated my Cav illustration with a couple of added numbers 😃

507FCB16-EA6A-498F-9244-DC3478BBB9ED

Klunk
    Free Member

Dad wins more stages @ the tdf than anyone ever and your son’s like “theres Tadej!!” :D

https://x.com/GCKUSSfan/status/1808547022405800128

anagallis_arvensis

Watched Cav a lot this season, never seemed in the right position and didn’t seem up for the fight….today he most certainly had his elbows out and rode on instinct…..**** marvellous!!!

crazy-legs

Just settling in to watch the highlights in case I missed anything… 😂

lister

I walked into Leisure Lakes in Ulverston with 3 km to go and they had the telly on, got to see it happen live which was awesome.

SOOOOOO happy for him!

tlr
    Free Member

Bloody meeting at 10km to go. WhatsApps suggested something dramatic had happened so scrambled to find a catchup.

S4C had it first, so watched the whole thing with commentary from what sounded elves. I really thought he was too boxed in with 500 to go.

Just brilliant.

neilnevill
    Free Member

As G said,  Chapeau!

crazy-legs

Bloody meeting at 10km to go. WhatsApps suggested something dramatic had happened so scrambled to find a catchup.

I think you’d have had to be living under a rock to avoid the result to be honest, the entire internet exploded! My Twitter and FB was absolutely chocka with it almost instantly, obviously this thread but newspapers, the BBC etc all picked up on it within seconds and were also publishing their own feeds.

Klunk
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.