Home Forums Chat Forum Talk dirty to me….about PCP Vans

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Talk dirty to me….about PCP Vans
  • kitchener
    Free Member

So…

Current trusty Octy estate has nearly had it, need to get rid, but also need something that can cart two kids, bikes, dogs and kayaks around all year. Thinking of getting a contract hire for 3 years on a Van that can do all of that, something like a Transit Connect or Caddy. The double cab/crew ones look top notch.

Anyone recommend an unfussy Van Hire company? Looking for someone who won’t kick up a fuss about small scratches on the inside and a bit of a muddy whiff when it’s time to give it back.

Based High Peak/Sheffield.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d imagine there should be some good deals about on the likes of a transporter (yes, not everyones taste, we know, scene tax and all that shite) as PCP is based on residuals right? and they hold their value very well.

Only downside I can see is that you won’t really be able to do much, ie insultion, carpet lining etc?.

Though I have entirely no experience of this!

mashr

Any time I’ve looked at van lease/PCP they’ve been horrifically expensive, especially Transporters. Would be interesting to see if people have found good deals.

I would be very surprised if the provider cared about the condition of the load area (unless ridiculous) as they know what they’re getting themselves into. The other issue is that they seemed to be geared very much towards standard panel vans, clearly for trade use.

stevehine

What’s your budget ? I’m waiting on the figures for a Transit Custom – had a kick around the local Ford showroom and having initially decided on a Connect; decided that actually a Custom is going to be much better.

kitchener
    Free Member

Budget can go up to £300/mo all in (inc VAT etc) with £5-6k to keep as final payment/deposit stuff. Cash’s the problem really, i’ve always owned all my vehicles outright but now things are tight.

Couple that with muddy dog, muddy kids, wet bikes, and i’m hoping to hit two birds with one brick!

Have seen a few Customs on the road – nice looking vans. Quite a few ones with a modern ‘A team’ look. Can you get them with two rows of seats?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Can you get them with two rows of seats?

Yeah, guy I work with has one, cracking big van.

kitchener
    Free Member

Nobeer>>> good to know, yeah they are tidy looking vans allright! Took Ford a while to get rid of the “Paint Options: White” idea, but they got there and ended up with something sweet that looks like it’s from a Transformers movie.

Tranny Customs are a bit steeper on the per month though, everything seems to be over £300 a month all in.

Incidentally, anyone used any good PCP Van companies?

astormatt
    Free Member

https://www.vanarama.com/volkswagen-van-leasing/transporter/2-0-tdi-150-highline-kombi-van-10006.html

I leased my old van through Vanarama, nice and easy to deal with…
    I was going to get another van on lease but want to keep outgoings to a minimum so have bought my current van outright…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Talk dirty to me….about PCP Vans’ is closed to new replies.