Home Forums Bike Forum Talas to Van questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Talas to Van questions
  • moridinbg
    Free Member

Do I need anything else, apart from the spring and top cap to do the conversion? I am aware it is one way. Does the spring just drop in the leg? No other tubing?

How much of an issue would the RLC cartridge be? I am getting the impression that the RC2 features a bottom out protection while the RLC used in the air forks lacks it due to the progressive nature of air springs?
    I found the cartridge (820-08-228-KIT) but it’s 350 euro. For that much I could just as well put €50 more and get the Avalanche cartridge – http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/Fox%2040/Fox%2036%20Open%20Bath%20Cartridge%20Kit.htm

I would consider just selling the fork and getting a RC2 Van, but the lowers have seen some cosmetic bashing and I hit the left (Kashima) stanchion on the very top, over the logo, so it would be harder to sell, I would have to pay too much over it and would be potentially bikeless during the trades.

Fork is 2011 or 2012 36 Talas RLC 160

moridinbg
    Free Member

Bump

rugbydick

Maybe talk to TF Tuned? They converted my Talas to Vans for cheap (they kept and sold the Talas unit to offset the cost)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Talas to Van questions’ is closed to new replies.