Home Forums Chat Forum Switches and fuses

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Switches and fuses
  • zntrx
    Free Member

We’re having our bathroom redone. We’re fitting a Mira Mode shower. The installation instructions for the show say that it should be isolated on a 3A fused switch.

We have a bit of a problem in that we need 4 switches for the bathroom (2 lights, fan, shower) but fitting standard switches it create a big mess outside the bathroom.

One option that we have that would be minimally invasive (i.e. not require the wall outside the bathroom to be re-plastered and re-papered) would be to use two dual gang architrave switches (the cable to the architrave switches can be laid in bathroom false wall which is being rebuilt).

Question – is it within regs to fit this way, i.e. have an inline fuse in the roof space between the switch and the shower (probably the same needed for the fan) rather than using a fused switch?

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Yes, that’ll be fine as long as the switches are outside of the bathroom zones. Is it only 3A?

zntrx
    Free Member

Yes, it’s a digital shower so power is only for control, water comes from the combi.

oldnick

If the fan and shower switches are only required to isolate the devices for maintenance then they could be put somewhere else; eg high above the doorway, in an adjacent cupboard etc

zntrx
    Free Member

The shower can be elsewhere but the fan is an on/off switch (don’t want it wired into the lighting circuit etc).

creakingdoor
    Free Member

As oldnick says, the fan and shower switches are only for maintenance purposes so don’t need to be put with the light switches anyway, that might make it look neater.
    My bathroom lights work off a ceiling sensor (microwave one) so there’s no switches anywhere (an idea), turns off after approx 1 minute of room being vacated. Fan has an overrun for stinky poos though! 😀💩

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Switches and fuses’ is closed to new replies.