Home Forums Bike Forum Surly 1×1 Mud/ Snow Plugger (What tyre content)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Surly 1×1 Mud/ Snow Plugger (What tyre content)
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Riding in the mud and snow recently has convinced me I need a bit more float than the 1.8 Bonty Mud Xs I’m running currently.

As I can’t justify a Pugsley, what do we reckon is the max tyre size I can get onto my 1×1? And any recommendations for something tubeless able to cope with sloppy, gloopy mud and snow over the winter.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Bump

R.lepecha

as big as you like by the look of it.

coastkid
    Free Member

Hi, 3″ tyres max for your 1×1 i think, sadly not Surlys 4″ floaters,
    post a thread on MTBR Fat Bike Forum asking what you need and looking to do and ask for pics and you should get all the answers :o

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Thanks all. Thinking about it, I’ve got some old 2.5 Tioga Factory DH tyres knocking around the shed. They weigh a ton but I’ll give them a go as a budget option and see how I get on.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Thanks all. Thinking about it, I’ve got some old 2.5 Tioga Factory DH tyres knocking around the shed. They weigh a ton but I’ll give them a go as a budget option and see how I get on.

epicyclo

You could buy the Pugsley or Salsa Enabler front fork and get a proper fat wheel up front.

Using the widest rims you can get will make a significant difference to the inflated tyre width.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Surly 1×1 Mud/ Snow Plugger (What tyre content)’ is closed to new replies.