Home Forums Chat Forum Surf schools

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Surf schools
  • twistedpencil

With the closure of Surf Snowdonia, genuinely gutted for all the staff there, I need a new venue to get me carving waves. I’ll accept just standing up for more than a few seconds 😀.

I quite fancy the idea of a surf school say in Fuerteventura? I’ve already been on Google having a search, looks great.

I’m pretty much a beginner. Any recommendations?

5lab
    Free Member

If youre that level of ability it really doesn’t matter where you go, you just need white water. The wave Bristol has lessons for that ability level, or anywhere in Devon/Cornwall.

twistedpencil

Thanks @5lab, would like to make a mini break out of it and escape to warmer climes.

I’m also worried my fleeting glimpses of staning up at surf snowdonia might have been blind luck 😀

rollinghills
    Free Member

Moroccan Surf Adventures – Surfing Holidays – Surf Villa & School https://morocsurf.com/

Its on my bucket list for an autumn surf break and by then I am sure they will appreciate the tourism.

tuboflard

Can’t recommend a surf school but can recommend stopping in El Cotillo in Fuerteventura, a very cool small town with some great places to go for a beer and food. Lots of surf schools in the town and must be a popular spot for surfing as we rented our apartment from Benjamin Sanchis.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Fuerteventura is indeed great for surfing. Loads of surf school/hire places around Cotillo and Coralejo. It picks up a lot of swell during the Winter. So often it being too big is the problem, although being an island there always a sheltered spot somewhere. Other times of the year probably less of an issue…

towpathman

I can highly recommend 7islandsurf in Fuerteventura.

ibnchris

Plus one for Morocco – I did Surf Camp there a few years ago. Tagazhout was name of the town I think. Really affordable, with nice simple rooms and full board. It’s a dry town so if you are desperate for booze you have to bring it with you.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’m in Morocco surfing and kite surfing now. The beaches are huge and no one here really surfs, so to say it’s not crowded is an understatement although apparently it does get busier in the winter months. Go in early to get the best waves to learn on because the swell gets quite big later in the day and you’ll get knackered paddling out.

vintagewino
    Free Member

Have a look at Imsouane in Morocco. I was there in February, it was mobbed (200 people in the water every day, loads of surf schools) but the wave is long and insanely fun. Also dry like Taghazout, we picked up a case of beers from the Carrefour on the way down from Marrakech.

5lab
    Free Member

Also dry like Taghazout

there’s a few hotel bars in Taghazout these days, both in the main town itself and the strip of hiltons etc in “tagazout bay” development, so its not as dry as it used to be. Beer is pricey (£6ish each, so the same price as dinner).

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

If you decide to stay closer to home, OA in Widemouth bay have a great hostel on the cliff tops and do lessons, board hire etc. I’ve stayed with them the last few years now and the rooms are basic but the staff etc are awesome. So is the honesty bar! The surf instructors I’ve used there have been top notch as well going from absolute zero to standing and catching unbroken waves etc in a shortish period of time. Like anything, its practice…

PS – didn’t know about Surf Snowdonia closing… it’d been on my to-do list for a while…

jacobff
    jam-bo

the bristol one gets cold. that’s going to be brutal in the middle of winter..

Mister-P
    Free Member

The food at Moroccan Surf Adventures is cracking, I’ve been to stay with them 3 times.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.