Home Forums Bike Forum Summer Gloves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Summer Gloves
  • agis2012
    Free Member

Went out for a ride last night at Tunnel Hill and although not being particularly spring-like temperatures by the end of the 2 hr play my 100% Brisker Gloves were sopping wet like a couple of sweaty sponges.

As my 4 year old Madisson Gloves are looking pretty ragged these days its time to invest in a new pair of summer gloves.

What are the best gloves out there that don’t warm up your hands and still provide some protection and don’t fall to bits after a season?

Are there any winners in amongst the usual suspects Troy lee, Fox etc and are there any outliers (saw some Stux on IG that looked good value) that are worth considering?

oikeith

I too use 100% Brisker’s in the winter then used to switch back to Fox Flexairs in the summer, the quality of the fox gloves is awful and they basically fall apart! Since I liked the Briskers I picked up some 100% Celium gloves (oddly only available online from MX stores even though they are MTB gloves). The celium fit what you are after, nice palm, light fabric and nice mesh back for when it gets warmer.

BillOddie

100% gloves do seem to be good but…

If you find the Briskers tight in your current size, consider sizing up in normal summer gloves as they are very snug.

fadda

I really like these for summer…

damascus
    Free Member

I’m really liking my alpkit gloves at the moment. 3 year warranty too.

joebristol

I quite like my 100% Cognitos – quite light but with good protection on the back of the fingers. I bought them because I like my Briskers so much.

jonnyrockymountain

100% ridecamp

joepud
    Free Member

Apart from winter I love a really minimal glove its like the only thing im fussy about on my bike. Best i have found are Nukeproof Blackline Vapours I have big hands the finger holes are long and the cuff is big too but they still fit slim. Most gloves when you get to like xl or xxl brands assume you just have fat hands. Nukeproof gloves are basically perfect for me, Nukeproof kit in general is amazing for the price. If i was looking at 100% just due to fit it would be Celiums or Slings.

austy
    Free Member

Been converted to riding in alpinestars gloves over the last few years, don’t fall apart stitching never fails and only replaced when worn out.

Had them cheap off crc.

submarined
    Free Member

Big fan of Fox Rangers and TLD XC

onewheelgood

Aldi or Lidl. £4.99. Job jobbed.

igm

Strangely we have three riders in Fox Flexair gloves and they’ve been brilliant.
    I trash gloves, and I’m picky about them – no Velcro on a summer glove, short wide hands (not fat, wide, coal shovels) and try every pair in the shop on for fit and movement – but they’ve been brilliant. Probably going into their third summer now.

When it gets hot on the road bike, some NOS Specialized Grail gloves with the pad in the middle of the palm – but their roadie gloves, so less anti-bramble protection. Falling off there’s little difference.

oikeith

Apart from winter I love a really minimal glove its like the only thing im fussy about on my bike. Best i have found are Nukeproof Blackline Vapours I have big hands the finger holes are long and the cuff is big too but they still fit slim. Most gloves when you get to like xl or xxl brands assume you just have fat hands. Nukeproof gloves are basically perfect for me, Nukeproof kit in general is amazing for the price. If i was looking at 100% just due to fit it would be Celiums or Slings.

@joepud
    I picked up a pair of slings at the same time, they are super minimalist, almost sheet thin materials, feels like they may rip when putting them on but I have found them really durable. I go between both at the moment only favouring the celium if I start early and its still fresh.

theycallmejerry

I’m a real sucker for Handups gloves. They’re lightweight, comfortable, last a reasonable amount of time. Good gloves. I have too many gloves…!

johnjn2000

I have 3 sets of Hand Up gloves at the moment but they are for cold and even colder rides. I love them though, I will be buying some summer version soon. There is a UK based retailer here and they were really helpful in sending various sizes for me to try and return to get the fit right Linky Link

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Summer Gloves’ is closed to new replies.