Home Forums Bike Forum STW and picture problems

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • STW and picture problems
  • zerocool

Is anyone having problems where on some some or none of the pictures are showing in people’s posts this week? There doesn’t seem to be any particular pattern to it, I might get all the pictures in one post, but only get 1 in another (the weekend rides and Raw NBD being 2 examples). It all seemed to be fine about a week to 10 days ago, and it’s happening on my iPad and iPhone

richmars

Yes, had that yesterday on my  Android phone, just large gaps.

Edit: just checked ‘happy dogs’ thread, most pictures missing.

angrycat
    Free Member

Same grief here – Android phone, Opera browser

scotroutes

All working fine for me – Android/Chrome.

onewheelgood

Had that yesterday, pic showed on my Android phone but not on Windows. Rebooted laptop and they showed again.
    Today, the edit toolbar has no insert image button Screenshot 2024-03-12 120149

and if you click the missing button you get this

Screenshot 2024-03-12 120356

Not moaning, just trying to give the devs a few more data points.

zerocool

@onewheelgood – I have no idea what your message was about as it was some words with big blank gaps between the paragraphs.

simondbarnes

No issues here. Chromebook / Chrome, Android / Chrome.

nearabighill

Similar issues here on Windows using Firefox browser, Acer laptop. But on the same computer in Chrome the pics are all loading. On Android phone all pics loading Firefox and Chrome.

anthonyweighell

Hi All,

I appreciate all the information, and will be looking into this, if anyone else notices this issue then please state which device and which browser, this should help me identify and resolve the issue.

Thanks
    Tech Team

onewheelgood

@anthonyweighell My Windows experience above was on an HP Envy laptop running Windows 11 Build 10.0.22631, Chrome Version 122.0.6261.112

sniff
    Free Member

Opera on Android had this issue for me. Looks to be related to images which are stored on STW rather than external e.g. Flickr

richmars

Problems on Android phone in Edge browser.

Marko

Tried to post a pictures to the WR thread. Computer says ‘wrong format or too large a file’. Nope nothing changed at my end. I also get the half missing image upload dialogue box.

Win 10

Chrome

piesoup
    Free Member

If I disable as blocker (sorry!) the pics reappear

flicker
    Free Member

@anthonyweighell

Opera on android, various missing pictures, works fine using chrome on same phone.

Opera on w11 laptop, same pictures missing (majority in the dog thread, all in this thread)

Chrome on w11 desktop, works fine

zerocool

I just turned off Adblock as well and it fixed it on this thread. 🤦🏼‍♂️Doh!

tjagain

Uploader playing up today

appltn

The thing is though, even as a paid subscriber the site is just very slow and unwieldy without an ad blocker running.

Edit: sorry that was complainey without any positive ideas. Do the ad networks you pick absolutely have to run the amount of JavaScript that they do? Are there alternatives that might prioritise page performance a little more?

stumpy01

Chrome on Android 13 using a Google Pixel 4a & I can’t upload pics.

I get a weirdly formatted upload box & then when the progress percentage reaches 100% I get an error telling me something like the jpeg format is not recognised.

Sorry for the wishy-washy description. I can run through it if needed & provide a better description.

ChrisL

I’ve been having this issue with Opera One on Windows 10. Ad blocker status doesn’t seem to affect it.

dogthomson

Trying to list some bits on the Classifieds and it won’t upload pics, blue bar showing % complete loads to 100% then just sits there.

zerocool

Now I annoyingly get STW videos I’ve watched before autoplaying in the forum which is rather distracting. I guess I’m back to no pictures again.

richmars

Also I can’t see (Android phone, Edge) any images in the Rockshox Flight Attendant review.

irc
    Free Member

Android and Firefox. Seem to have lost the ability to upload pics. Where the image icon used to be there is a box that says “visual”. Clicking it doesn’t do anything. Somewhat ironic that a forum supposedly used by lots of IT experts is the worst by far of any I use for uploading pics.

sniff
    Free Member

Pics on homepage also blank. Opera on Android

jeffl

So I noticed this a week or so ago, using Opera on Android and no photos in the forum were appearing. By default it has an ad blocker and it’s switched on.

Disabling it for this site sorted the issue.

sniff
    Free Member

Turning off ads does work but reloading this single thread with ads shows that Opera catches 240 ads….on this single thread!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.