Home Forums Chat Forum strange problem my arm won’t stop shaking when using electric toothbrush.

• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • strange problem my arm won’t stop shaking when using electric toothbrush.
  • racefaceec90

i just bought an electric toothbrush yesterday and was just using it to brush my teeth.

as soon as i started to brush my arm started shaking and wouldn’t stop no matter what i did to try to stop it (i even used my other hand to try and hold my arm but it didn’t help at all).

i couldn’t even use the toothbrush properly as my arm just wouldn’t stop shaking.

i know it sounds pretty funny etc and believe me it does but it was pretty unsettling to be honest.

i have also noticed it happening when using my manual toothbrush but not as bad. at all other times my arm is fine as far as can tell with no shaking.

could it be the beginnings of something like parkinsons or similar or am i just being an idiot?

sorry for starting a thread about this but i know there are medical people who frequent here.

thanks in advance.

ps i have recently got back into watching twin peaks but as far as i know my arm hasn’t started to bend back yet 😉 apologies bad twin peaks joke.

geex
    Free Member

Are you really good looking?
    I’m so hot I sometimes catch my own reflection while in the shower and my arm can’t stop shaking too. 😉

sorry. but you started it.

See your GP

and good luck.

racefaceec90

😀

Poopscoop

I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about op but having a neurological problem myself I would be inclined to go see a gp to set my mind at ease.

martinhutch

Since you’re already panicking a bit about it being a serious neurological condition it would be best to see your GP so that these can be ruled out.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Trapped nerve.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I had similar when I had a nerve getting trapped somewhere. (Clonus/Hyper-reflexes).

As others say almost certainly nothing serious but your doc will be able to to a few simple manipulations to work out what’s happening. (My bet is you won’t even require treatment – I’ve been able to induce clonus in my legs since I was 4, most likely there’s nothing medical wrong and you’ve just found a new party trick, but only your doc can tell you that for sure.)

Toothbrush related shaking is an early sign of cat aids, of course.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

i just bought an electric toothbrush yesterday and was just using it to brush my teeth.

What else were you planning on using it for?! 😉

jimdubleyou

Toothbrush related shaking is an early sign of cat aids, of course.

The bad kind?

outofbreath
    Free Member

The bad kind?

The worst kind. The one where you have cat aids *and* your arm shakes a bit.

racefaceec90

thanks everyone for the replies 😀 i will make a doctor appointment for sure about it.

funkmasterp

What else were you planning on using it for?!

Wonder if electric toothbrush would be good for cleaning the bike 🧐

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Are you holding the right end?

lucien

as soon as i started to brush my arm started shaking and wouldn’t stop no matter what i did to try to stop it (i even used my other hand to try and hold my arm but it didn’t help at all).

Draw the curtains, get the tissues out….

fasthaggis

Were you trying to operate anything else at the time?

avdave2

paul4stones

Are you holding the right end?

Some of the patients I see I do wonder.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Resonance –

Its the reason why its illegal to use electrical toothbrushes on suspension bridges.

Houns

How are you with other battery powered plastic items that buzz?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘strange problem my arm won’t stop shaking when using electric toothbrush.’ is closed to new replies.