Home Forums Chat Forum Spray paint help please. Refurb content!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Spray paint help please. Refurb content!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So I’ve just rung the old man as you do when after info and he’s thrown a spanner in the works!!
    Basically I’ve bought a 2nd hand bmx for the little one and it wants a bit of tarting up! Mainly a couple of scuffs on the forks and bars and while I was at it I was gonna give the pedals and stunt pegs a once over! Apparently there’s more to it than just going and buying the first tin of black spray you see. Something to do with paint reactions? And advice??

Zedsdead
    Free Member

get it powder coated.

RustyMac
    Free Member

One of the guys in out club used this stuff to turn a poo brown pair of Fox 36 forks into some silver ones.

http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Product/pcode—4311/

He has used it on other forks to good efect too. I am planning on using it to change the colour of a set of forks for my girlfriends bike.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

its a lot of work to get a decent finish.

some paints do react with each other.

Bead blast and powder coat is the most cost effective way to refurb a frame unless you are prepared to accept plastikote / smoothrite levels of finish

wrightyson
    Free Member

The frame is fine, it’s just a coupla scuffs as I said. Have only just acquired the bike and haven’t got time to powder coat. And the whole idea of 2 nd hand was to keep it cheap as I’m hoping bmx is a passing phase and he’ll be wanting to upgrade his current mountain bike. The current forks look powder coated or enamled so I presume an enamel type rattle can will be ok??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Spray paint help please. Refurb content!’ is closed to new replies.