Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Spoke pulled through rim. Fix with a washer?
  • el_boufador

It on the gravel bike earlier a large stick flicked up into the spokes. Result = spoke nipple pulled through rim.

Has anyone tried to fix such a predicament using a washer larger than the hole? Did it work or did you die a fiery death?

Nothing wrong with the rim otherwise, and also it’s an old stans crest – I’d be very lucky to fine a like for like replacement anywhere.

argee

Can you just live without that spoke, seems a faff to fix, but if you can find a washer, or someway of holding the nipple in the rim then it should do the job, a wheel is a pretty basic design, how was the rim damaged though, did it put a crack into the rim where it pulled through, or just open up the material?

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d be a bit worried about cracks propagating from the hole but I’ve ridden rims with pretty big cracks for ages before noticing. Worth a go, just keep an eye on it

el_boufador

@argee I need to clean it to have a proper look, but seems to have enlarged the hole and hasn’t cracked material beyons it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Spoke pulled through rim. Fix with a washer?’ is closed to new replies.