Home Forums Bike Forum Spesh Stout Direct mount chainrings same as Sram?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Spesh Stout Direct mount chainrings same as Sram?
  • Stablebarns
    Free Member

I’m trouble shooting creaks and groans across my Spesh Chisel. It’s been given a daily ride round the local trails of Bristol and is creaking like a castle door in a hammer film.

I replaced the BB, found the cassette lockring had losend twice???? tried different pedals…

All leading me suspect the chainring. It’s a direct mount, has three grub screws and a cinch ring type thing. Is it a Stam shape? What tool does this?

From what I can see online, it looks like a Sram shape. But there is no info from Specialized or anything on the shop sites. Just says Stout crank 30t.

Ta

snotrag

Sram uses 3 mounting screws, that are NOT equally spaced around the circular (toothed) hole in the centre. No other mounting lock ring or anything.

Does that help?

Stablebarns
    Free Member

THanks Snotrag. There are three screws… But there is a ring with rounded off teeth too. It looks like a lumpier version of a shimano BB outer. I don’t have any other Sram stuff and my experience is limited to 90% Shimano, with a recent dabble in Raceface Aeffect.

I would upload a picture, but I haven’t worked out how yet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Stout Direct mount chainrings same as Sram?’ is closed to new replies.