Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • So is evri any better
  • scotabroad

Turns out not, first delivery and they said it was delivered online and no-one turned up , security cams as proof.   Why do crc etc use them , they are just fekin useless.   Really needed the gloves for this weekend as well… .

MoreCashThanDash

Usual “anyone recognise this doorstep” photo on local FB page tonight with someone trying to track down their parcel that had been left at another house.

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s two reasons for a company to change its name.
    1. They’ve been legally forced to.
    2. They’ve broken the old one.

Pretty sure they weren’t legally forced to.

Drac

Wife’s parcel arrived on time as usual this week, so they’re just as reliable as ever.

Northwind

No difference except that the new website weirdly produces PDFs that I can’t print from the browser, but can print from adobe. Old one didn’t do that even though it was basically the same.

But I got a month of discounts when they shut the old site down so that’s OK. Guy in the corner shop is not happy, “People say you do Evri? I say what the **** is evri? They say oh hermes, I say then say hermes then <arabic which is blatantly insults> Maybe I change my name to evri”

droplinked

It’s entirely pot luck whether your local courier is good or not.

They outsource most deliveries to ‘self employed’ couriers. So it’s often not Hermes/Evri delivering to your door.

Our local courier is spot on, and hasn’t failed to deliver anything. They always take care putting things in our safe space also.

Had a chain reaction evri delivery turn up this morning absolutely fine.

AlexSimon

I just got a “we’ve got your parcel” email after it had been delivered.

You can roll a turd in glitter…

belugabob
    Free Member

Well, that answers a question – who the hell are Evri?

Got an email, this morning, to tell me that Evri (never heard of them) were delivering a parcel. Unfortunately, the time given was sooner than I could get home, so I chose the ‘leave it with a neighbour’
    It seemed to work ok, but maybe I was just lucky.

As for the name change, it’s a bit like when a pub is renamed – because it has a very bad rep.

“Evri(body) hates Hermpes”

ratherbeintobago

@AlexSimon I’ve had a dispatch notification after the parcel was delivered before, but I can’t remember which courier it was.

scotabroad

So notification that it was delivered, hunted everywhere, no parcel.  Contacts CRC to have a moan, they suggest go round neighbours houses!  Still no parcel.  Day after opens front door and parcel had been placed there on front door step, didnt ring bell or even leave a note.  Still cr**!

chakaping
    Free Member

All they changed was the name. Surely we all knew that?

Wife’s parcel arrived on time as usual this week

Euphemism of the week.

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Never had an issue with hermes/evri however yodel – dont even get me started.

Last week yodel guy drops a note saying “collection tomorrow” went on website saw local depot was Southampton, im in Bournemouth thought nope- reschedule delivery for saturday, nothing.

Went back on website gives me a phone number to message, text them and it was the first delivery driver saying he left a not to collect and its sitting in his local lockup about 2 minutes from my house. Nowhere on the note did it say a location or postcode or anything and the number only appeared once they had missed the saturday delivery.

To top it all off the online chat advice told me the delivery guy had trouble locating my house, how he left a **** card!!

bigblackshed

Andy from Hermes Evri is just as reliable as Andy from Evri Hermes.

jamj1974

Wife’s parcel arrived on time as usual this week

Another iPad? 😉😁😉

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

“You can roll a turd in glitter…”
    Go on…

spacemonkey

Our Hermes woman has been serving this locale for years and is very reliable (and a bit bonkers). IME it’s the machinations happening around the hubs/depots that cause most of the problems.

z1ppy

hmm ok, I’d got a evri notification via “parcel2go”, so was wondering, especially as I a my hermes labelled parcel earlier in the week. Annoyingly a shop has sent me something but mis-typed the postcode, I didn’t have high hopes till this thread (finger crossed, it’s not a big village) but my local hermes driver found a my last parcel in the depot, which in his words “wouldn’t scan” but decided to deliver it anyways.. We were impressed that they’d actually buck the system, to deliver a parcel.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

it can be really hit and miss,

for me hermes were always very good because my local delivery lady is brilliant,
    my local hub is within 25 miles of a major hub, so speed tends to be better than rivals.

Tracey

Two tyres posted on Tuesday from the South West have just arrived at work so cant complain.

desperatebicycle

Dunno about anyone else – but if you need an invoice for postage of something, to claim it back – that invoice needs to have the price of the postage AND the delivery address it was sent to.
    Not just Sended by EVRI / £6.20, cheers!
    The invoice they email after a transaction is useless!

(I tried to raise a support ticket for this and f-me it was difficult. Then I got a reply saying “sowwy you dint receev your invoice” Dopey gits.)

oopnorth
    Free Member

Had 2 deliveries in the last week, one an expensive electrical appliance dropped into the brown recycle wheelie bin, box bent. No photo to show where it was, just an email of “delivery”. I just guessed they may have put it in the bin as I’ve had couriers do that before.

The next parcel had a photo of it in the couriers hand and our side gate in the background, eventually realized it had been thrown over the 6ft high gate, luckily the weather has been ok this week.

Both times my wife was in the house…

Useless!

pdw
    Free Member

Not that there was ever any doubt, but:

We’re sorry we’re not able to deliver your parcel today, but we will deliver it on the next working day.

But also, WTF is going on with their logo(s)? Their front page has two different logos on it, both terrible:

https://www.evri.com/

If you can’t even manage a consistent logo straight after a rebrand what hope is there?

el_boufador

All the fonts do my head in.

In delivery related news, parcel dumped on doorstep even though I was in (as usual)
    Same bloke same service.

z1ppy

Got my latest evri parcel, mis-labelled postcode and all..

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I ordered a pair of shorts from Evans on Thursday. Arrived by Evri on Sat.
    Evans sent me an email last night to say the shorts had been dispatched….
    Evri better than Evans?

v7fmp

had a Evri delivery on saturday. Was a bloke in a Mondeo estate. Turns out it was an Evri ‘local’ delivery.

but it was on time, free from damage and delivered to my house… so cant complain.

st

I had my first delivery yesterday. A Shimano bottom bracket from CRC. Unfortunately when I opened the Jiffy bag I found a pair of trousers from New Look.
    The bag had been crudely sealed with parcel tape which isn’t the norm for CRC, hmmm.

reluctantjumper

Judging by the way the Hermes lorry driver (with an Evri sticker in the windscreen) is currently mchucking the parcels around the back of his van in the bay next to me I’d say the name change hasn’t really changed anything…

squirrelking
    Free Member

I had my first delivery yesterday. A Shimano bottom bracket from CRC. Unfortunately when I opened the Jiffy bag I found a pair of trousers from New Look.
    The bag had been crudely sealed with parcel tape which isn’t the norm for CRC, hmmm.

Sounds like someone’s been shopping and got their bags mixed up.

st

It raised a chuckle in the house. The trousers won’t fit any of the four of us though.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh dear… ordered from CRC via Evri, arrived on-time, was correct and undamaged. So far, so good.

Had to return part of it for a different size, dropped of at the Evri point in a local shop they picked it up within an hour… and then took a full week to return it to CRC via their “two day” service.

madhouse

Since the re-brand they’re currently 1 for 1 – managed to safely deliver a pair of spikes for the eldest on time, in tact and to the right house. Turns out he needs a bigger size but I can’t really blame them for that!

robvalentine

My local driver lives in the village, which means packages are delivered at the end of the day, which isn’t a biggie, and jumps in whenever someone complains on the village FB group. only time Ive had an issue is when he’s was on paternity leave, and tbf my house is hidden away a bit. I can forgive him for that.

It’s really down to the last man/driver.

Just had a ‘we tried to deliver but you weren’t in’ email while in fact nobody rang the bell nor tried to leave parcel in the safe place. Nice, blaming customer for own incompetence.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

So I’m going to say no to the original question – my parcel was apparently ‘misdirected’ to the incorrect depot (wtf?) many many days ago. And appears to have stayed misdirected.

belugabob
    Free Member

As far as I understand it, the drivers are under a great deal of pressure to deliver as many parcels as possible in as short a time as possible, for as little money as possible.
    It’s a natural conclusion is that they simply don’t have the time, or incentive to do a good job (can’t necessarily blame the driver)

I still can’t work out how a photo of a parcel on a doorstep constitutes the parcel being delivered – imagine me telling my energy provider that a photo of a cheque, at the entrance to their offices, meant that I’d paid their bill.

5plusn8
    Free Member

In answer to the op, a resounding NO.

Email 1 at 0940 – Parcel due 1100-1238
    Email 2 at 0945 – Parcel due 0930-1100
    Email 3 at 1020 – There has been a delay we will let you know.

Whats the point of paying for next day delivery when it is not???

RustyNissanPrairie

Amazon might be evil but their hub/locker things are brilliant if you have one on your commute home like I have. Removes the faff of couriers not being able to find us.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Also, they have erased their twitter presence so we cannot complain to them. Arseholes.
    Does anyone have a phone no for CRC?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.