Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • small worms on bathroom floor??
  • sadexpunk

had the odd one or two of these a while back but thought nothing of it. we’d just had our bathroom done, and bath wasnt sealed properly so wondered if it was to do with a wet floor underneath the bath, but i fixed it a few months ago and we still get the odd couple.

not enough to think theres a problem, but after just seeing a couple in the toilet now (separate toilet and bathroom) i thought id investigate a bit further. google maybe suggests larvae of moth fly or something, but then says we should see the odd fly, which we dont.

anyone else had these and can shed a bit more light on it. for perspective, the floor tiles are around 5 or 6 inch square, so theyre diddly little things, but there just doesnt seem any one place where we see them, sometimes the bathroom, sometimes the toilet, which has never had a leak or get condensation.

Milkie
    Free Member

Be afraid, be very afraid… Killer slugs!! 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

You have seen Prometheus ?

Nico
    Free Member

Flatworms?

jekkyl

be thankful they’re not white!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

bum worms…

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Leeches?

twicewithchips
    Free Member

what country are you in?

Andy-R

Are they worms or millipedes- do they curl up if you touch them?

wwaswas

Look up!

they may b falling down rather than crawling across…

sadexpunk

im in england, i havent touched them yet (hoping not to) and yeah, hadnt thought of coming from above. although its just a ceiling with spotlights, no gap round the sides so id probably be expecting them to be ‘floor based’.

thanks

globalti
    Free Member

Is there a corpse in your attic?

retro83
    Free Member

baby bobbit worms

timba
    Free Member

Vampire worms. The failure of your camera to focus on them suggests that they’re in a state of transition

woody2000
    teasel
    Free Member

theyre diddly

Clearly, they’re diddly squatters.

cdoc
    Free Member

psychodidae larvae. Easy to get rid of. The adult form are really pretty, close up, too

bikebouy
    Free Member

I Googled “Killer Worms” f’ralaff, wish I hadn’t, the images are upsetting.

STATO
    Free Member

Regular bleach in the toilet and some proper drain cleaner will clear them out the bowl, not sure why you are getting them on the floor though.

scotroutes

myti
    Free Member

Do you have a cat? Flea larvae are small black worms

takisawa2

Fire. Lots of fire.
    And run.

Cougar

They remind me of the opening levels of Another World.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

That takes me back…….

johnx2
    Free Member

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Remember, a worm is for life and not just for Christmas. 😐

gwaelod
    Free Member

Look up!

No FFS – they always do that slowly in horror movies and see something massive and hairy with millions of legs and fangs hanging from the roof

Cougar

Slipknot?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Where are the BIG ones?

jamj1974

Cougar – Moderator
    They remind me of the opening levels of Another World.

Great game!

natrix
    Free Member

As cdoc said, probably drain flies, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drain_fly

sadexpunk

yeah, seems the most likely, but we’re not seeing any flies, moths, or anything with wings in the house at all…… which is a good thing 😀

tymbian
    Free Member

This is what happens when you’re not allowed to wash your bike in the garden..

globalti
    Free Member

Your pics are out of focus but they look more like millepedes than worms.

Here: http://www.rentokil.co.uk/blog/millipedes-in-my-house/

sadexpunk

next time i see one ill mebbes get it on a piece of A4 paper and give it a closer inspection. erk.

thanks

Xylene
    Free Member

Look a lot like anal leeches

teasel
    Free Member

Yeah, I overheard a conversation the other day and it would seem that getting yourself an anal leech is all the rage…

rickmeister

You know that little blister your leg you scratched and the small baby spiders ran out of ……

sadexpunk

ok, looks like we’re ramping it up now, im not sure this is a bathroom/toilet issue now.

i keep an empty jug by the front door for ‘defrosting purposes’. its in our porch. just been to get it and looks like a few dead worms in it, so they must be getting in somewhere near that door.

thought id have a look outside the door for clues and saw a few on the wall, not sure how well you can see them in this pic…..

so then i started looking more closely and theres a fair few of them all along the whole wall!!
    i wondered if theyd be near the drain especially, but not really, theres no specific place, just scattered about on that whole wall. theres some on the window sills and i spose theyd find any little cracks.
    pic below of our wall, with drain down the far end near the gas box, so you can see theyre spread over a wide area.

what the bloody hell are they??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘small worms on bathroom floor??’ is closed to new replies.