Home Forums Bike Forum Small front light with Garmin mount

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Small front light with Garmin mount
  • oceanskipper

Anyone care to recommend a small front light (flashing daytime type) that has a Garmin mount – if such a thing even exists…? I want to mount one on the underside of an out front mount to keep the space on the bars free. All the small ones I can see are designed to be fixed to the bars by rubber etc and I don’t want that type.

Ta

snownrock

I use the Garmin flange mount which provides a go pro mount under the out front mount, then I mount an exposure light of my choice to this.

Google the Raveman FR160 which mounts between the quarter turn mount and your Garmin, not tried this myself though.

scotroutes

As above, I have a Tusita out front mount for my Garmin Edge and that has a GoPro mount for the bottom. There are a number of lights that will fit that but I’m using an Exposure Trace in mine.

100psi
    Free Member

I had same dilemma and opted for a Specialized stix elite it mounts dead centre infront of the stem. Very compact and usb chargable

honourablegeorge

Not tried it, but this is right on my list,think it’s a great design

https://www.mantel.com/ie/ravemen-fr160-front-bike-light&spec%5B%5D=23963

AngusWells

Exposure Trace. And Exposure do a bracket for Go Pro mounting or you can buy a 3D printed one following a bit of Googling.

https://www.exposure-use.com/Brands/Exposure-Lights/Products/Bike/Brackets-and-Mounts/Trace-Action-Mount-Clip

vlad_the_invader

Similar to Scotroutes, I got a GoPro mount off Amazon which mounts underneath the standard Garmin out front mount, and then a Leyzne GoPro adaptor – there’s a whole range of Leyzne lights which can then be nearly mounted underneath…

ginkster

Moon MX. It’s an out front mount and light in one. Good solid mount with a long lasting and bright light. Lots of modes but the switch logic is not intuitive. It remembers the last used mode thankfully, so once set it’s a simple on/off. Very happy with mine for my road/gravel bike.

oceanskipper

Thanks – I have an out front mount with a GoPro type mount underneath and I was wanting to attach something small to that – I have a GoPro to Garmin adapter that will allow a twist on/off light and there there are plenty of larger lights (Magicshine etc) that have that capability but this is for my road bike and I want something small – That Exposure looks good, as does the Ravemen so thanks all. :-)

oceanskipper
    crazy-legs

Go Pro mount for an out-front Garmin mount – that mounts to the underside of the Garmin mount.
    Then one of these:
    https://www.exposure-use.com/Brands/Exposure-Lights/Products/Bike/Brackets-and-Mounts/Helmet-Light-Clip

It mounts upside down onto the Go-Pro mount and secures with a thumbscrew. Lights such as Joystick, Sirius, Trace etc will all fit into it, it’s pretty secure.

That’s the set up I’m using on the integrated aero bar setup on my Canyon which won’t take normal light mounts.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Moon Rigels are Garmin quarter turn mounts, they’re very good.

cookeaa

I had a cheapo magicshine which the mount broke on so I stuck a 1/4 turn Garmin mount (intended for phone cases) on it, that worked well as a commuter light for a couple of years as you can bung a Garmin mount on just about any bar.

This kind of thing

Unfortunately I dropped the light in the garage the other day and broke the housing, it still works so I might just try to fashion a replacement (with a 1/4 turn mount still) so I can use it again…

oceanskipper

I now have an Exposure Trace (they are very small and neat aren’t they). I have also got the Exposure mount and an out front mount with GoPro attachment. Just waiting on some M5 button head screws to arrive so I can so away with the thumbscrew jobbie and fix the Exposure mount permanently to the out front mount, underneath. Hopefully will look fab on my new road bike…. :-)

ditch_jockey

Olight has a garmin mount as standard and comes with a GoPro adapter – gives you a couple of options. The lights themselves come in a variety of sizes and lumens

oceanskipper

Yeah Olight are basically the same as MagicShine and they are too big for my road bike which I only ever ride in daylight.

BearBack
    Free Member
    cp

The magic shine allty 400 is quite dinky

ALLTY400 Rechargeable USB-C Road Bike Light

Also the moon Rigel lite is quite small, with other Rigels pretty dinky too. The much bigger enduro and power don’t use a Garmin mount but the rest do.

Moon Rigel Lite Rechargable Front Bicycle Light, Black https://amzn.eu/d/50WsomW

oceanskipper

The smaller Magicshines have their own Garmin “style” mount but it’s a lot smaller so can’t be attached without the strap. The larger ones like the Allty 400,  have a Gamin mount but I don’t want one that big. The Moon one isn’t as dinky as the Exposure Trace which is really quite compact.

EDIT – Actually – that Allty 400 is about the same size as the Allty 200 according to the specs so it is quite small.

tonyg2003

I have a Raveman that sits on top of the Garmin mount that you then put the Garmin onto. It’s pretty bright and has a good battery life. Most a see and B seen road bike light for me. But looks very “clean” on a road bike.

It’s a pity that Fabric haven’t made the Lumiray2 available since that was even better than the Raveman

cookeaa

So I thought I’d unearth this thread a week on having knocked up a replacement housing for my old light in fetching neon green.
    This is what it used to look like:

And this is how it looks now:
    IMG-20230424-202028010

IMG-20230424-202044062
    IMG-20230424-203105383
    IMG-20230424-203117081
    IMG-20230424-203130771

The 1/4 turn mount and stock Garmin O-Ring mounts work pretty well and allow quick mounting, removal and transfer between bikes (I have lots of spare Garmin mounts).

Bazz

Alpkit do one:

Garmin Outfront Mount

Fits a Garmin and one of their lights (I suspect others too).

peteimpreza

I use a raveman and it goes under the garmin mounts I have.

So Garmin on top , light underneath.

Nice discrete light that does the job nicely.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Aliexpress is your friend here.

peteimpreza

IMG_6385

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.