Home Forums Bike Forum SKS rennkompressor. Any recommendations for a new head?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SKS rennkompressor. Any recommendations for a new head?
  • simonhuscroft
    Free Member

So I have had the above pump for a few
    Of years. Whilst it’s a nice thing to use the head has been poor. It came with a single auto adjusting type which soon stopped working so was replaced with a dual head.
    Likewise that is poor and no longer wants to inflate schraeder type valves which I need to top up the tubeless inflator and for the kids bikes.

Can anyone recommended a head which will do both presta and schraeder that will definitely fit the sks hose?

honourablegeorge

https://www.bike-components.de/en/SKS/Multivalve-Pump-Head-p22240/

Edit, my bad, I see you already tried their dual head

andybrad

i binned mine off and fitted the one from a cheapo pump

Speeder

Mine got replaced by a Twin Head I think it was from Topeak. It leaks a little but then it is about 10 years old and on the original rubber so not bad.

BadlyWiredDog

I stuck a Topeak Smarthead on my Rennkompressor, works fine and, from memory, fits the hose. I didn’t get the whole upgrade kit with hose attached, just the head and it’s still attached and working.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Cheers folks. Sounds like it’s a pretty standard hose size.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve had two of these (the first got stolen from the car). The auto adjust head I didnt get on with either but I’ve never had an issue with the dual head.

Does it just need new rubber seals?

Richie_B

The original head mine came with with the schraeder valve and the screw fit presta adapter was the best I’ve had. The twin head is a bit hit or miss, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t which isn’t ideal.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

It’s hardly been used for schraeder. I think they rely on a see saw type seal inside which probably gets gummed up. Trouble is you can’t get to it to clean it.

I have managed to salvage an old black burn head which fitted the hose so it’s sorted.

Thanks all.

TiRed

Topeak SmartHead. Pumped up the front car tyre with mine yesterday

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SKS rennkompressor. Any recommendations for a new head?’ is closed to new replies.