Home Forums Bike Forum Skiidii bike trailers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Skiidii bike trailers
  • wombat

Has anyone got/used on one these?

What do you think of them?

I’m after a single wheel trailer for general shopping and local transport duties, I appreciate they’re not going to be as good as proper Bob Yak trailer but I have a limited budget and on the face of it these seem to fit the bill quite nicely.

They’re available on Ebay for around the £70 mark delivered.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I am about to order one, they get good review on Amazon.
    70 pounds compared to the Bob Yak at 370 i think its worth a try.

yorlin
    Free Member

I can’t quite find them on ebay – is it the one that’s like a budget bob? They look pretty good, but in the bivvy topic someone did snap off the rear end and have to re-attach it with cable ties!

Could do with one similar myself, to get out to a bothy, and leave it there for a few days yomping…

yorlin
    Free Member

Ah lovely thanks!

And that doesn’t look like the one that broke 😀 I’d pack some cable ties anyway though! 8)

Mikkel
    Free Member

Just ordered one, so shall report back in a few days.

dazzlingboy

Wow – was looking at these 10 minutes ago. Good timing. Was also looking at Carry Freedom y frame.

Interested to know what you think when you get your hands on it – review much appreciated! 😉

Mikkel
    Free Member

have received it, nice and fast shipping.
    Sadly the wheel will not fit as the frame is to narrow.
    So probably cant do a unbiased review of it as i will be returning mine for a refund.

Frame seems solid build but it is quite heavy (box it came in say 9.5kg, unsure if i think the pivot where the trailer fork attaches to the trailer will stand up to a lot of use, Wheel bearing feel really really cheap.
    If the wheel would have fitted, its not a bad trailer for the price though.

csb
    Free Member

The bike frame, as in you’ve got a narrow rear hub?

yorlin
    Free Member

I think he means the back end of his bike (with normal mtb tyres I assume) doesn’t fit into the ‘yoke’ of the trailer, with the QR axles. 😡 Which is a bummer! I get the feeling the single-armed attachment type isn’t so steady…

Mikkel
    Free Member

Nope the trailers wheel dont fit into the trailer frame, my guess is its warped during welding and not been spotted.

cookeaa

Could you not pry/spread the drop outs to get it in?

How out of line was it 2mm or more like 10?

Mikkel
    Free Member

it was probably only a few mm, but enough that i could not pry it apart with hands a lone. and would not want to have to fix a puncture out on a trip if i cant get wheels off/back on by hand.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Skiidii bike trailers’ is closed to new replies.