Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Silent woodworking, stunning scenery and a dog
  • cinnamon_girl

Been watching an excellent Youtube vid of a talented Canadian building a log cabin in the wilderness. There’s no power tools involved nor any speaking, just the sounds of wood being worked. Accompanied by all four seasons of the weather (lots of snow) along with sounds from assorted wildlife. Gorgeous photography, beautiful scenery and an adorable dog too.

Put your feet up and enjoy.

riklegge

Started watching just to check it out for a couple of minutes, an hour and a half later…

I quite enjoyed that, thanks!

chipster

Me too, cheers.

cinnamon_girl

Me too! It was very calming, almost therapeutic.

funkrodent

Loved it. Antidote to all the craziness! What a dude

Underhill
    Free Member

Excellent film. Thanks op.

Tomorrow night’s viewing sorted too, with the following years work.

white101

Well this has filled the afternoon rather nicely.

I’m sure somebody put a similar you tube film on here years ago about an older guy who did something similar, Dick Proneke? or something?

walowiz

That was excellent, very relaxing and calming viewing. Thanks for sharing that.

That is one beautiful dog. My dog looks like a white barnacle after two minutes in the snow.

I understand no power tools and building the cabin with hand tools – which is damn impressive , yet somehow he’s got electricity for the cameras? Where the hell from, he looks like he’s in the middle of nowhere?

globalti
    Free Member

I’ll watch that when I’m wide awake at 2.00 tomorrow morning.

muttley109
    Free Member

I’ve been finding wood working really calming and relaxing this year. It inspired me to start spoon carving which has turned out to be an extremely meditative hobby. Just sat in the garden with a log, an axe and a couple of carving knives. I can easily spend a few hours in silence with just the birds and the sounds of wood being cut.

lankystreakofpee

I only thought I would watch 5 mins and get bored as I have the attention span of an ant normally, but somehow just watched the whole thing! Thanks OP, enjoyed that.

Its almost like he had someone doing the camera work for him, especially near the end where he walks around with a canoe on his head shot from various angles. Must have been a ballache to keep putting it down to move the camera!

TheDTs
    Free Member

Great vid. Off to look for plots of land in Canada.

matt_outandabout

If you’re liking the chilled and nature vibe, also look at Erik Norman.

https://www.youtube.com/user/fagelguiden

TheDTs
    Free Member

There were two plates for Christmas Dinner. Must have had some help, some of those logs were massive.

The dog could do a thesis on log cabin building.
    I read little house on the prairie to the kids, well the whole set in fact. It was very similar and goes into loads of detail on how Pa built and how they did everything. Even mundane tasks were totally captivating to the girls (and me) even though they were 7 or 8 at the time. This vid was very similar.

cinnamon_girl

Glad that others have enjoyed it too! To answer the q regarding electricity, you need to watch this shorter and enjoyable vid where at the end he answers q’s from viewers.

Must confess to wanting a bearskin/wolfskin to put on my bed for super cosiness!

bungle

I liked his desk! lack of trees in the city….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Silent woodworking, stunning scenery and a dog’ is closed to new replies.