Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Sick Bicycle Co Og Gnarcissist year one ltd
  • mkpepps
    Free Member

Sick Bicycle co, Og Gnarcissist year one ltd.

Celebrating their not very successful launch on Kickstarter with a limited run of 10 frames, I was lucky to bag one.. no 7.

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb16350380/p5pb16350380.jpg

andyl
    Free Member

Really like the build you have there.

Did you do the splatter effect on the purple bolts? They are not aluminium are they?

tails
    Free Member

Odd looking thing but I kinda like it. What’s it for Dirt jumping or small trail bike?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(Guerrilla marketing?)

legend
    Free Member

Nah, they hate everyone on STW remember

nuke

Thought they didnt want STW folk buying their frames? I’m happy to do as they’ve requested 👍

tdog
    Free Member

Tbf though they do make some 🤮 looking bikes and parts in a good way although I don’t dig the broken slack ass head tube look.

mkpepps
    Free Member

Bolts are steel painted, splattered and lacquered, yes by me

mkpepps
    Free Member

Can do dirt jumping, if dirt jumping on a 29er your thing.

I built this up as a park, enduro, trail bike, I only have one bike and for me and what I do this hammer all the nails.

ss for if they hate you, don’t know I’m just a customer.. you something but ityou don’t move on..

and trust me that head angle is spot on…👌

Poopscoop

I didn’t realise it was a 29er!

Poopscoop

By the way, I like it.

Nice work on the bolts too. Nice detail to do yourself.

mkpepps
    Free Member

Thank you  🙏

Rubber_Buccaneer

Is it from the batch of ten sold this spring?  Looks absolutely box fresh.

How have you found it to ride?  I had a very brief go on the original and it felt surprisingly normal and even more surprising was that if anything the saddle to bars felt a little short.  Not a problem for you maybe as the angle of your saddle suggests you are more of a stand up type rider

mkpepps
    Free Member

Yep this is 7 of 10 or as I like to call her/it “lucky no 7” lol.

I had the frame delivered this Wednesday (12th) and to be honest i I’ve wonky ridden to and from work, which is a 2 1/2 mile round trip.

you are right, it does feel normal, but it rolls really well and it doesn’t turn, it feels like it carve’s the turn’s. You can feel both wheels gripping, plus your more in the frame than sitting on top and your in the middle, rather sitting over the back wheel or too far on the front wheel.

As for the bar etc I’m 5ft9 with 480 reach this feels spot on.. and yep I’m more of a stand up rider, but I’m still adjusting everything and will be using this on some mellow trails too.

cokie

Really nice build that and I love the little details too!

mkpepps
    Free Member

Thank you… devils in the detail right… 😉

and thsnk you for postimg the pics pics I couldn’t work out how..👊

nickc

Love the look and the build, you should be well chuffed with that, I bet it’ll rip! could I be cheeky and ask how you did the bolts? Is it just a matter of flicking paint at them?

kayak23

Very nice.

mkpepps
    Free Member

Thanks.. I am well chuffed. Just riding down the road you know it’s gonna monster truck over everything.

Regards to the bolts… yep your right.. it’s all in the wrist.

submarined
    Free Member

Christ, that looks so much better with the new graphics. Now looks like a bike designed by an actual grown up.

Top work on the build details as well, OP.

moonsaballoon

I recently listened to the interview with the 2 guys from sick on the hookit podcast , they came across really well I thought. Always nice to see people try to do something a bit different.

nice looking frame and those bolts look great

theboatman
    Free Member

That looks banging, I like 👍

mkpepps
    Free Member

The first gen was designed by adult, how else would they get their idea in a beer matt, but thanks👊

Both Tim and Jordan have been extremely nice and answered my questions, talk to someone in a level and respect, you get it back.

i love listening to the pod casts and the reasons why they do stuff and what they share.

thank you for all your complements

tdog
    Free Member

Aha ! Now I see what you mean bout the bike carving turns… with that head angle would you say it’s like equivalent of a long board (surf) or the like when you say carve?

I like what’s going on with those funky stem cap area and the bolts are to die for especially if a green were to be done.

could be a money spinner for you 😉👍

mkpepps
    Free Member

Yeah something like that, it’s got this in the bike feel and I got you bro..

As for the bolts.. if you want something let me know.. some more pic’s on my IG acc, mkpepps.

Wookster

Lovely looking bike. I really like the Sick stuff!!

mkpepps
    Free Member

Thank you my man..

they do make some sexy frames..

finbar
    Free Member

Please can you do a quick how-to on those bolts? Whole bike looks awesome – and great job putting your own creative input in.

bigyim
    Free Member

I might have to steal your bolt idea! Did you paint the frame yourself?

I really like the company,  bikes and the stance of the bikes  but I’m a bit unsure of the paintjobs

mkpepps
    Free Member

As for painting the bolts

it’s paint the bolts (I was lucky mine were steel) so I use a metal paint which I dit need to primer them first. As this will add microns, (thick paint).

then splat away you just flink the bush.. (half inch) for the pink and blue I used house wall paint (the testers you get from BnQ, and Matt ones.

I used these as they were cheap and have a big range of colours.

then I two pack lacquered the bolts I used a polysiloxane lacquer.

Job done.

mkpepps
    Free Member

As for the frame paint job, I did not paint the frame, a guy called bear customs did it, and as far as I’m aware he wet sprays all the gnarcissist frames so far

so that’s the first gen one, Then the people who brought a gnarcissist frame from the kick starter, then they did another very small run of Gnarcissist called pink doves, which were pink😱😉.

now the 10 year one Gnarcissists.

as far as their other frames, at a guess I would say that they are powercoated.

mkpepps
    Free Member

Edit…

anyone who paints bolts and splattered them will have to name check mkpepps lol..

copywrite and all that🤣🤣🤣

finbar
    Free Member

Will do 🙂 – thanks for the how-to. House paint? Haha – I was thinking i’d go sophisticated and use Humbrol model paint. Got some engine black in a spray can I’ll use for the base coat.

I did a couple of top caps in my sister’s glitter flake nail varnish which look pretty cool. Got to refine the technique a bit though.

BoardinBob

I generally like their bikes and ethos but the frame looks like something pulled from a skip with some modern parts bolted on

mkpepps
    Free Member

No problem finbar, the other reason I used Matt emulsion is, for the splats it helped for it to be “thin”.

if I used a paint that had to use thinner it would re-act with the paint underneath.

before anyone says but you lacquered it, the lacquer I used doesn’t use thinner.

boardin bob.

Thank you for your kind words…. clearly you know what a skip bike looks like.

legend
    Free Member

I generally like their bikes and ethos but the frame looks like something pulled from a skip with some modern parts bolted on

Now i’m not exactly their biggest fan, but even I wouldn’t be that harsh 😂

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Sick Bicycle Co Og Gnarcissist year one ltd’ is closed to new replies.