• This topic has 72 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by rob.
Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Show me your steel road bikes!
  • Sam

Amos – Member
    Sam both your bikes are beautiful! Tell me some m ore about them?

The first one is a Singular Peregrine – repainted recently.

The Second is a prototype Singular Osprey. This one actually is my Dad's, but I have one as well.

bob_summers

thumbie – Member

bob-summers – please tell me more about the Pegoretti. Responsorium is calling me…

wonderful frame, builds up to about 7,5kg with chorus 11 and my 'climbing' wheels. the eurus' in the pic were just on for a race. it's a marcelo, built a couple of years ago.. took almost a year coz dario was ill at the time. columbus spirit tubes. bought it as i was moving from london to the mountains and needed something a bit more spritely on the climbs… and it coincided with a redundancy cheque!
    i've done a lot of time on this bike, i was racing every week in may & june and won nowt but we were always the first non-carbon bike back 😉
    in balance, maybe if i was buying again i'd go for the duenda, as the marcelo is silly stiff at the back, i had to put that ugly layback post on just to damp some of the buzz. but then, i notice prices of pegorettis have not far off doubled since i bought it…not sure if i could lay out that kind of money.
    but if you do go for one, dario's a lovely guy to deal with (and a stoner which you wouldn't think would go hand in hand with framebuilding!) and supposedly built pinarello branded frames for indurain, so comes with a bit of a pedigree 😉

and good luck with the paint job… i love mine but haven't met anyone who doesn't hate it!

tinribz
    Free Member

Powder coated 853 Poprad.

69er
    Free Member

My 'real' mountain bike…

69er
    Free Member

I really like this shot for 'inspiration'

alpin
    Free Member

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Oh,that reminds me redted,loved the look of your OHs DH bike.[Thinnking about it]Neil.

nostoc
    Free Member

nostoc
    Free Member

ignore

nickname
    Free Member

I don't know much about road bikes, but love the look of all the LeMond frames.

Been trying to see where I can buy them but it seems they don't make them anymore? 🙁

soobalias
    Free Member

TheDoctor
    Free Member

My full custom Waterford

redted
    Free Member

monkeycmonkeydo – Member
    Oh,that reminds me redted,loved the look of your OHs DH bike.[Thinnking about it]Neil

Really sorry bud, It's been sold, It's in the french Alps now, so It's got a nice home.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Blimey Doctor, how tall are you?

_tom_
    Free Member

So you guys who are SS on road, do you find you spin out a lot or is it ok if you have a hard enough gear?

Amos
    Free Member

_tom_ that's a very good question! Most of the bikes I really love are SS but trying to decide whether I can cope with SS on the road, fixie is out of the question

aviemoron
    Free Member

Mmmmmm that Holdsworth.

MrSmith
    Free Member

nice looking Pegoretti marcelo, i met Dario a couple of weeks ago at the premiere of the short film made about him (very little about bikes, lots of swearing/arm waving/drinking)
    my duende, never got round to taking pics of it built up.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

My Ritchey! A bit more cross than road! Tis almost the season!
    Thanx Max

And my Isla

samuri
    Free Member

So you guys who are SS on road, do you find you spin out a lot or is it ok if you have a hard enough gear?

Depends on the gear. And the rider.

My pompino, which I do a bit of road riding on (in between offroad stuff), has 44:16 on it. That's great on the road with some big fat tyres on it. It's a bit tricky down hills mind. It's a monster up offroad climbs though.

CTML
    Free Member

If your journey is pretty much flat, you just keep at a constant, comfortable speed and cruise. If you're going up and down loads of hills you wouldn't be riding SS now would you 🙄

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Never mind…I'm going cycling…will post pic later.

fontmoss
    Free Member

If you're going up and down loads of hills you wouldn't be riding SS now would you

um yeah actually

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Blimey Doctor, how tall are you?

Only 186cm tall. The bike looks big in the pic but it was properly sized for me with a full bike fit!

Merak

Merak

ken_shields
    Free Member

With drops

With risers

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Now with black tyres and a lower front end. Campy chorus carbon 10 speed, Bonty wheels and cockpit, godawful Look seatpost that can't hold a saddle for toffee. Weight is 8kg/17.5lbs.

I've got it the wrong way round- my fixie is alu (I use it for a flat commute and don't spin out).

Also, my old fixie.

Le Jeune, french, custom built for a triathlete, cost me AU$180 (£75 at the time), converted to fixed.

AdamML
    Free Member

My On-One Il Pompino

In flight:

Standing still:

soobalias
    Free Member

If you're going up and down loads of hills you wouldn't be riding SS now would you

riding 48:18 on the road, its a big enough gear to be able to accelerate with the traffic in town and just about small enough to just get up the hills i need to.
    That said i dont commute fixed because the hills are too steep to get down!

AdamML
    Free Member

Well, now you come to mention it…

ChrisB
    Free Member

FRAME – On One Il Pompino XL (57cm)
    FORK – On One Il Pompino
    WHEELS – Mavic Open Pro 36h / Goldtec hubs (fixed) / DT Swiss spokes
    TYRES – Vittoria Randonneur 700 x 28C
    INNER TUBES – Continental Cross 28 – 25-35c 42mm
    SPROCKET – Dura Ace 16t
    LOCK RING – Dura Ace
    CRANKSET – Sugino 75 – 170mm, 48t
    BB – Sugino 75
    PEDALS – Burgtec Penthouse Flats MKII
    SADDLE – SDG Bel-Air RL Ti
    SEATPOST – Thomson Elite 27.2 x 410mm
    SEAT CLAMP – Salsa 30.0mm Lip-Lock
    STEM – Thomson X2 100mm x 10deg x 31.8
    BARS – Answer Pro Taper OS
    GRIPS – ODI Ruffian
    BRAKES – Avid Single Digit Titanium
    BRAKE LEVERS – Avid Speed Dial Ultimate Ti
    HEADSET – Chris King NoThreadSet Sotto Voce 1-1/8
    CHAIN – KMC Kool
    C/TENSIONER – Surly Tuggnut
    QR SKEWERS – Shimano XTR M960 / Quando

rob
    Free Member

something a little different 1961 bsa star rider
    3 speed sturmey hub ,front dyno hub, weighs a ton but rides nice

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Show me your steel road bikes!’ is closed to new replies.