Home Forums Bike Forum Short dropper post

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Short dropper post
  • charliemort

friend bought a Paragon Siskiu (small) but it came with 150mm TransXdropper (bl@@dy stupid). As bike has a bent set tube there’s a load of post sticking out of the frame and it’s far too tall for her – I reckon you’d need to be 5’9- 5’10 to ride it.

I think she’d just about get away with a 125mm dropper, or is there a dropper available with a lower ‘stack’ height? (if that’s the terminology for the length of the inserted non dropper section)

or anyone on for a swap?

thanks

BearBack
    Free Member

oneup for low stack.
    Others make kids posts

Saccades
    Free Member

If you were in Ireland id swap for my 120mm reverb.

zerocool

One up make the ones with the shortest insert length.

twonks

I’ve just gone from a 100mm reverb to a 120mm One Up v2.1 on the daughters bike as the overall length was as compact as I could get it.

If a 100mm 30.9 external reverb is of any use, let me know.

avdave2

I was limited in choice for a dropper as I wanted an external one and have the same issue with a small frame and a bent tube. The thing that allowed me to fit one was using a 27.2 post with a shim down from 31.6. It made enough of a difference to use a Brand X post which wouldn’t I couldn’t have inserted far enough in 31.6.

desperatebicycle

KS do a billion different lengths – good table showing post length here

LEV

Quite pricy though
    Oh didn’t expect that big ol graphic. Click the Read More for the chart.

thebunk

Giant do a little one as well. This is not a joke!

si77

One Up dropper has low insert length AND low stack (stack is the length that can’t be inserted, eg the collar and the seat clamp).

Vortexracing

I use a 125mm Spesh one, for the very same reason

snotrag

Oneup and the new (must be the new version!) Fox Transfer have excellent minimal stack height. The design change from the old transfer meant I could go from a 100mm (marzocchi, but really fox) ‘old’ transfer to a 150mm new transfer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Short dropper post’ is closed to new replies.