Home Forums Bike Forum Shimano grease

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano grease
  • Flaperon

Does anyone know if the translucent green grease that Shimano use at the factory is available aftermarket? The only thing I can find is “Shimano Premium Grease”, which seems yellow in photos.

Northwind

Shimano Grease? Like..

I got chills, they’re multiplyin
    And I’m losin control
    Cos the brakes, you’re supplyin
    Are inconsistent and unreliable and you can’t buy spare parts for them

Flaperon

Who needs brakes? 😉

simondbarnes

The only thing I can find is “Shimano Premium Grease”, which seems yellow in photos.

It is green

andy4d

I thought the stuff on shimano parts when new was translucent yellow not green? Anyway the premium i have is yellow like you say and appears to match the blobs that came on my new rear mech recently, and i think the bottom bracket too.

alexnharvey
    Free Member

I think it’s the same stuff, a sort of fluorescent yellow green colour.

People have various theories as to what the original manufacturer’s name for it is.

Autol top 2000 super longtime grease is one of the commonly mentioned possibilities. People say motorex bike grease 2000 is similar too. It might be another packaging of the autol grease I suppose.

nickdavies

Its the same stuff, i use it. Comes out the tube green but it looks yellow in the tube.

Tend to have a pot and a tube for different jobs, but its expensive!

endomick
    Free Member

Just athlete £10.64 for a 125 tube, or sjs cycles £11.99 that’s the bright green one, I got some years ago when chainreaction stocked it, I recognise the tube, it was green then, probably still is.

andy4d

I checked this again in the toolbox and the ‘premium’ also sold as ‘dura ace’ i have is yellow and feels a bit thinner and stickier than the ‘workshop’ grease I have which is green.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano grease’ is closed to new replies.