Home Forums Bike Forum Shimano Easy Connect Brake hoses

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano Easy Connect Brake hoses
  • wildfires3
    Free Member

Anyone used them?

For many convoluted reasons I need to take off my Deore M6000 brakes and put on a some SLX M7120/7100s. They seem to have done away with the olive, or at least I can’t see one in the pack. All I have is the little silver thing that goes in the hose.

Any advice?

bikerevivesheffield

definitely need the olive – bh59 and bh90 olives are the same it is the insert that is different

robbo1234biking
    Free Member

Olive is already installed into the brake lever. You cut the hoses, put the insert in and push it into the lever.

wildfires3
    Free Member

Cheers Robo. Seems straight forward!

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

As above the olive will be sat in the lever where the hose connects.

Found that out recently when I got a set of Deore 4 pots. There was an insert already in the hose with a bit of plastic over sealing the oil in along with a plastic sealing nut on the lever (with the olive in). Presumably for internal routing.

Was also a spare insert and olive included with them for cutting the hose down.

roach

So if you want to shorten an already fitted hose, the olive will come out on the hose as normal?

Do you fit the new olive to the hose or the hole in the lever?

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Yeah it’s just a normal olive, hose and insert.
    If your brakes were already fully built up and hoses attached and there is no olive with the insert I presume it has been forgotten or not included and you will need a couple to shorten the hoses.

I usually place the rubber nut cover, nut and olive on the hose then place the hose fully into the lever and then move the olive and nut to the lever and thread the nut in. The nut moves the olive on as it’s threaded in and creates a seal when screwed in the desired amount.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

If yours was fully built up it doesn’t have the easy joint system, which I presume is designed so the brakes can be boxed up with out being built up and then you can internally route the hose and connect it theoretically without having to bleed it.

wildfires3
    Free Member

Yep, mine are separate. The levers are disconnected from the calipers and hose. I assume the olive is in the lever, like simon.

So I guess I cut down, put the hose into the lever and tighten up. I’ll need the olive if I want to shorten again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Easy Connect Brake hoses’ is closed to new replies.