Home Forums Chat Forum Seetickets: How can someone else use my ticket?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Seetickets: How can someone else use my ticket?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

So, I bought tickets for a gig with Seetickets. I can’t attend, but can my mate use the ticket instead? The official line seems to be that I have to sell it for face value using a fan website. I’d rather not do that because I have a mate who wants it instead.

How likely is it that if I give my mate my credit card and some ID that he’ll get refused entry? Does that mean everyone else who has a ticket will be refused entry too? I’d like to hear from anyone who’s got experience here.

hypnonewt
    Free Member

I have used SEE ticket lots of times and they never asked me for ID. But I think it is down to the venue and if it is a massive gig where they have that policy in place you might be out of luck.

I usually buy the tickets for me and my mates or brother, and my name is on all of them. Never been asked to prove who I am before.

Cougar

I don’t think I’ve ever been asked for ID at a gig.  The only time I’ve need to produce a payment card by way of ID is when collecting tickets from a box office.

Doesn’t mean they won’t, of course, but I’d hazard it’s unlikely.

DezB
    Free Member

Depends on the gig. Nearly every gig I go to just asks for a name that the ticket was bought under, never been asked for ID and only shown the email ticket a couple of times.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I go to a fair few gigs. Two this year have had photo ID requirement of lead booker. It’s becoming more prevalent at the bigger gigs. It will state on the actual ticket what is required. Noel Gallagher the other month at notts ice arena was strict on the policy.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Damn. Sounds like this is going to be tough one. Thanks for the responses.

I’ve just spoken to them and they’re saying that if whoever comes along has details of the booking and something saying it’s ok for them to use the booking then things will be ok. I’ll give it a shot.

CountZero

If it’s a fairly regular gig, there’s usually no requirement for ID except when specifically required by the artist, and it usually says as much at the point of sale, and on the ticket. If it doesn’t, then I see no reason why the mate can’t buy them. It’s usually the big arena venues with high demand for big draw artists that require ID.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I went to Ed Sheeran at the Etihad the other weekend, tickets from SeeTickets. No names on the tickets. Stewards scanned the tickets with a device similar to what you see in some supermarkets and bosh we were in. No ID, no credit card checks, nothing

glad i didn’t get them from viagogo though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Seetickets: How can someone else use my ticket?’ is closed to new replies.