Home Forums Bike Forum Secret lusts

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Secret lusts
  • philjunior
    Free Member

So you know those people you might fancy that aren’t what others would consider attractive? You just can’t help noticing things about them that you assume everyone else hasn’t, or you know that everybody else would consider them too old/too young for you but you wouldn’t really care given the chance?

Do you find the same sort of thing goes on with respect to bikes, or am I just some sort of bike deviant?

Using myself as an example, I go around saying yeah I’d love a DH or Enuduro rig, and an XC full sus. And I would, but they’re very conventionally attractive. I do my best to keep my desire for cargo bikes, fully faired recumbents and what I like to call tourers (those more in denial might say gravel bikes etc.).

kayla1
    Free Member

I enjoy a long tail cargo bike. There, I said it. I feel dirty now.

mattbee

I’d love a full on WC type DH bike.

Mid never rise it to anywhere near its potential and there’s little to no suitable trails near me but still…

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve always wanted a massive Chopper.

oliverracing

Fully faired recumbent YES!!!! I really want a bright yellow velomobile

Imagine smashing along in something like this!
    Velomobile

EDIT: In a more (slightly more) realistic fashion – a full suss tandem!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It’s no secret here but my Batavus Personal affair developed way beyond a utilitarian romp with a certain Netherlander named ‘Ilse’

full dirt here

TheBrick
    Free Member

Cargo bike with electric assist.
    And a fully Sus DH tandem. Don’t think my partner would ride it but it would be worth a go.

hols2
    Free Member

fully faired recumbents

John Grey said something to the effect that “The enemy of freedom is not intolerance, it is incomprehension.” This kind of deviancy has no place among decent people, for the sake of the children, please don’t venture out until God-fearing people are safely tucked up in bed.

kayak23

I’ve already succumbed to the last one in the line-up.

I own a fatbike.

None of my friends have one, so when I fatbike, I fatbike alone, but God dam it, I fatbike proud!

I think they’re rad, but my friends laugh at fatbikers and probably at me, behind my back. Meh.

Anyway, almost everyone on here has weird niche bikes . The ones who own bikes that is… 😂

philjunior
    Free Member

oliveracing – that’s the precise object of my desire.

BruceWee

I want a fully faired recumbent tilting trike.

My girlfriend was complaining about her back while biking recently. I brightly said, ‘Maybe we should think about getting a recumbent.’ A look of disgust shot across her face and she said, ‘No way, I don’t want to look like I’m riding around town on a gynecologist’s chair!’

Since then I’ve kept my strange desires to myself.

philjunior
    Free Member

I want a fully faired recumbent tilting trike.

Haha I hope it’s not hilly where you live!

‘No way, I don’t want to look like I’m riding around town on a gynecologist’s chair!’

I’d never thought of it like that. Definitely need a full fairing then! :D

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Two sisters, twins, i’m just watching.

chakaping

Imagine smashing along in something like this!

alpin
    Free Member

My mates new ride… Not interested in his bike, its a cannondale.

willard

About the most deviant I have been is to bodge mudguards onto my old hardtail to try and control some of the surface water when I commute. I still get odd looks from “proper” cyclists on their road or cross bikes when they pull up alongside at lights in their lycra, but at least I can get to work with my baggies relatively dry and not looking like a student’s trousers after 8 pints of vile homebrew lager and a prune vindaloo.

fasthaggis

Since looking at this thread on chat
    I am now lusting after all sorts of two wheeled toys

Ducati

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d love a big heavy bastard dutch shopper bike, absolutely no need for one, but hey!

ben
    Free Member

One of these :)

tenfoot

I’d like a Giant Quick E+ bike for riding to work. I think they look great.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Trek Staches. So much I bought one. Look daft. Has daft tyres. Is for nichemongers. Should be shit. Is brilliant.

geex
    Free Member

They actually are shit.
    folk thought Raleigh Bombers were brilliant once upon a time.

They were wrong too.

corroded
    Free Member

If lusting after a Larry vs Harry Bullitt is wrong, I don’t want to be right. I managed to fulfil my Danish cargo bike desires in Copenhagen a while back. And I had a ride on a Pedersen. Properly filthy weekend that was.

trumpton
    Free Member

I’d love one of these. You can get them second hand cheap, although the chrome is always rusty.

chopper

philjunior
    Free Member

They actually are shit.
    folk thought Raleigh Bombers were brilliant once upon a time.

They were wrong too.

I guess we all know geex’s true not-so-secret controversial crush already. :)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’d love a big heavy bastard dutch shopper bike, absolutely no need for one, but hey!

Shopping? Supermarket run? I use mine for that anyway. It looks odd doing it in (most of) the UK nowadays but I enjoy the jaunts nonetheless. Very much, in fact. It’s like relaxing and keeping fit at the same time. Weird.

I also absolutely totally lust after a GSD. That much (compact, expensive) utility and design gets me into a lather.

hot_fiat

That tern is gorgeous. Love the idea that it’ll take two cartridge batteries. If I lived in a more urban area I’d be after one.

I also really, really want one of these. I think I might have to get it delivered to a neighbour though.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That tern is gorgeous. Love the idea that it’ll take two cartridge batteries. If I lived in a more urban area I’d be after one.

I also wanted one when we lived in a rural location with badly-potholed country lanes and 10 coastal valleys (9000ft climb total) to a friend’s house just 15 miles away. Would have been a beautiful breeze to make that and similar local journeys on the GSD. I tend to hate driving/car-reliance though, in general. Cycling is so much more fun, away from traffic.

kayla1
    Free Member

I’d love a big heavy bastard dutch shopper bike

Completed it. Got the basket on the front and the rack on the back and everything. Sidestand, mudguards, bell. Even the annoying slow puncture that’s not quite bad enough to fix cos I can just whack a bit of wind in if I want to use it? Everything.

k1100t
    Free Member

Six hundred notes…

Super Tough Burner

funkmasterp

They actually are shit.

Had a Stache, not for me but far from a shite bike. Pretty great to be fair and very capable. I’m now riding a Stooge Speedball with the massive Junker bars. One of the most fun bikes I’ve ever owned. I occasionally look at carbon bikes and it makes me feel all dirty 😀

tthew

I’m in Amsterdam on holiday at the moment. There really are some awesome cargo bikes knocking about. A short wheelbase Bakfiets would do me nicely.

These swapfiet long term hire bikes are quite cool too. About £15 a month includes all maintenance, just gets replaced if it’s beyond an easy repair. There are absolutely thousands of them tooling around.
    Edit – they are mostly nice bright colours, not that boring black!

panzerjager
    Free Member

PK Ripper

Wanted one when I was 15, still want one now…

rOcKeTdOg

I’d like a brompton

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Secret lusts’ is closed to new replies.