Home Forums Chat Forum Seat Leon

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Seat Leon
  • whiterabbit84
    Free Member

Anyone got one of the new ones? Any good? Thinking of swapping an 09 golf for one.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We looked at them and preferred them to Skoda, VW was better finish/quality but drives more dull.

However only FR comes (or did at time we were looking) with multi link suspension.

We looked st the estate too

Flaperon

I tried the estate version and bought a V60 instead. Like night and day – the Leon is cramped, fairly expensive and built from Audi / VW cast offs.

lazybike
    Free Member

I had a 1.2 auto for 3 weeks as a hire car, I really liked it, great fun to drive, 40mpg, easy to use the techy stuff inside, mrs thought it was a bit too small for an estate and she didn’t like the restricted rear view.

Philby

I’ve got a 65 plate 1.4FR. Great car to drive, very pokey for a 1.4 litre engine and got most of the toys you could wish for. Auto press give them excellent reviews.

globalti
    Free Member

We hired a 1.4 petrol Leon estate in France and I really liked it; it had all the toys including amazing headlights, LED I think. I would definitely buy one if I had to buy my own car.

donks
    Free Member

We get one every 6 months from VAG and they have been brilliant. Getting another 1.6 FR on wed.

whiterabbit84
    Free Member

Thanks – it was the 1.4 FR that some of you have mentioned I was looking at. Can get for £290 a month through work (no deposit) so thought that was very reasonable. Will try a test drive

jambalaya
    Free Member

Saw one (FR) on the road yesterday as it happens and it caught my eye, nice looking car.

jamj1974

Brother has had the Cupra 280 from new. He loves it and has had no issues over 40k miles.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

£290 through work is quite a lot! I pay £330 for a BMW 3 series.

Have you looked at hybrids way cheaper through company lease

sparkyrhino

I do like my fr estate,180 hp dirty derv, very comfy on long runs,(had volvos before)more than quick enough for me,fun to drive on twisty bits(in sport mode)Led lights are great too,plenty of toys and well built.
    Please dont get one,get a skoda insted :wink:

CountZero

Nice cars, driven several of them, all the ones I’ve driven, ex-lease/Motability cars, have had full LED headlights, which you don’t get on VW or Skoda equivalents, and they’re just really nice cars to drive, I can’t find any grounds to criticise them.

johnhe

I rented a Leon estate TFSI on holiday. Loved it so much that I moved from my mahoosive A6 estate to a smaller, petrol car. But I have to confess – I bought a GTi Golf instead of an FR Leon. Still the Leon was fab. On,y 1.4 but really fun to drive.

donks
    Free Member

#slight gloat
    We pay £120 a month taxed through the Audi group :wink:

j40aja
    Free Member

We’ve had a 63 plate 150 bhp TDI Fr from new. 62k miles and it’s been brilliant.
    A few little warranty things sorted no problem. Pretty quick good controls and comfy sports seats.
    The paint seems very easily chipped and marked.
    Our lease ends in Septembe and might try a Golf GTD for a change.

eyestwice
    Free Member

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Google reminded me today that it was a year ago today that we picked up our Cupra 290.

The facelift model has a few extras like electronic hand brake although that doesn’t interest me. A Jb4 box does however.

Oh the cars been great :)

bear-uk
    Free Member

I have a 14 plate 2.0 Diesel FR Estate. Very pleased with it and not to big.
    It will do between 60/70 MPG on a run fully loaded and very nippy with a 150PS engine.
    I would Deffo buy another.

whiterabbit84
    Free Member

Thanks all

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Test driven one. Nice car, drives well but interior is a bit low rent compared to a golf. Now have a Golf GTD.

stumpy01

Flaperon – Member

I tried the estate version and bought a V60 instead. Like night and day – the Leon is cramped, fairly expensive and built from Audi / VW cast offs.

How is it built from ‘audi/vw’ cast offs…..? What is a cast off?

Not a Leon specifically, but the MkIV Ibiza was the first car from the VAG group to use their new (at the time) supermini platform (PQ25) which was subsequently used for the A1, Polo, Fabia, Rapid.
    So don’t assume that the less premium brands of the VAG group just get all the old tech handed their way…..

nickc

However only FR comes (or did at time we were looking) with multi link suspension

Not all the FR range are equal. The 180bhp version has multi link the 150 version doesn’t.

dragon
    Free Member

The suspension shows where Seat are cutting costs as all Golfs over 120 BHP have multi link.

sarkmeister
    Free Member

We have a 2016 Leon 2.0TDi FR. Can’t fault it so far. My previous two cars were a Scirroco and an A3, and they all feel very similar.

The interior does feel slightly lower rent than a Golf if you compare similar specs (FR Leon = GTD Golf ish). However, when we bought ours new, a FR Leon was a bit cheaper than a Golf Match, and the FR interior feels a lot better quality than the Match interior.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Seat Leon’ is closed to new replies.