Home Forums Bike Forum Scabby shins

• This topic has 43 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by geex.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Scabby shins
  • andytheadequate
    Free Member

I thought you’d already done your “final” reply?

I have a job, partner and other hobbies so I can’t spend a whole summer becoming a biking god, unfortunately. Whereas I can work on a few things to improve a little bit. I have no illusion that I’m anything except an office worker who likes to ride mountain bikes 2 or 3 times a week (at most).

I don’t think anything I’ve asked in this thread has been unreasonable, but you seem very keen to tell me how shit at my hobby I am, or how I’m an idiot for wanting to buy more suitable components to make biking safer for me.

andytheadequate
    Free Member

@poopscoop I think the fear of being clipped in is why I haven’t moved to SPDs in the past. I’ve never tried them so don’t know for sure, but I’d be nervous about using them. I don’t want to have an accident whilst still attached to my bike.

Obviously it’s quite an expensive investment for the pedals and shoes to give them a go, especially if I end up hating them.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tbh, I preferred riding techy stuff clipped in, but had to chuck SPD’s due to persistent knee pain, puffer solo has a way of exposing these issues!. Decided to give flats a full summer of use and have never went back, as said above, I like the idea of just jumping on the bike to bugger about whenever, no special shoes required. Good pedals are worth it though, I love my burgtecs so much I even have them on my cx commuter, and apart from th emidgie bites from the weekend, my shins are intact!.

Geex is having a bit of fun with you, in his own way, don’t take it so seriously. 🙂

geex
    Free Member

I was trying to encourage him in my own “special” (or is it weird?) way. But. Yeah. Don’t take me so seriously. Bikes should be fun.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Scabby shins’ is closed to new replies.