Home Forums Bike Forum Santa Cruz Blur 2018/2019 no one makes replacement shocks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Santa Cruz Blur 2018/2019 no one makes replacement shocks
  • tinglesrack
    Free Member

So i’ve just learnt that on my Blur its a 170×35 shock. Fox and Rockshox don’t sell shocks in this size. They were made especially for the bikes and not available to buy from Fox or Rockshox. My local tells me that whilst Santa Cruz UK are dead helpful they confirm they’re not available.
    Anyone else trashed their shock and come across this problem. Mines trashed through use and abuse and cost of fixin is almost cost of new shock and parts are not available anyway. #hensteeth

sharkattack

Phone Fox UK (previously Mojo) and see what they have lying around, or ask if they can build you one?
    Make a similar call to TFT?

They can’t be that unusual. I bet someone either has one in stock or could piece one together.

mashr

I absolutely love when the mtb industry uses proprietary parts for key components

wwaswas

Cane Creek do an air shock if it’ll fit.

mmannerr

While it is rare size it seems to be in stock in few online shops, including one alternative from DT.

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Cool. Could you share a link?

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Thanks, Cane Creek and DT i’d prefer to steer clear of. Might have to go down the Rockshox route. Hopefully they’ll ship over seas.I know many places have area restrictions on certain brands. Seems utter bonkers that Fox have confirmed they don’t make that size.

MartynS

Don’t dismiss cane creek based on previous issues..

i have a DB in-line air and it’s been faultless, In fact it’s way better than the fox shock it replaced.

Shred
    Free Member

I have DT shocks on my Tallboy 2. Got tired of Fox, and wearing stantions, so decided to try something different. No issues, just work, TF Tuned are the service agents so no problems there.

I am using a R414 shock and OPM ODL 120mm fork, both on remote which works well.

z1ppy

Hopefully they’ll ship over seas

As per Sharkattack, have you spoken to any of the Uk suspension tuners about altering a shock to that size, I know they were able to do it with coil shock, not so sure about air ones.

trumpton
    Free Member

hard luck. It sucks when funny sizes are used. Give tftuned a call. Hope you sort it.

chestrockwell

I certainly wouldn’t rule out DT as the forks I had were ace. If I had to choose between them and Rockshox for a similar item at a similar price I’d go DT every time.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Blur 2018/2019 no one makes replacement shocks’ is closed to new replies.