Home Forums Bike Forum Rrp bearing tools and Santa Cruz linkages

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rrp bearing tools and Santa Cruz linkages
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Has anyone used/bought the Rrp press and subsequent adaptors for the removal and install of bearings in to the links?

My bearings are all 6900 so it looks like I’d only need the one adapter for the removal/install and of course the press itself

the press looks small enough that it would work well on the gap inbetween the links but can anyone confirm it will before a spunk some money on it please?

razorrazoo

I’ve done all SC linkages with one of the generic eBay presses (the blue one with loads of sized bits). The only bearings to watch out for are the upper link frame end. You need to stack a number of the parts between the link (this will make sense when you have the link and press in had). Otherwise SC links are mega easy to work on.

BoardinBob

I’ve done all SC linkages with one of the generic eBay presses

+1

It’s dead easy on SC because all the bearings are in the linkages rather than the frame. 

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

@razorrazoo

cool I know what you mean that gap on the smaller link pressing would crush the metal in without spacers

so does that kit come with some form of spacer kit for this instance?

what about the removal of them all? Was thinking the Rrp kit as it had the ability to remove as well from what I can see using the red/blue adapters

razorrazoo

I just stacked a selection of the press parts in to fill the gap.  I just used bearing drift and a hammer to remove.  

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cool that does seem like a much cheaper alternative for sure!

thanks for the info

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve got an RRP kit which has been sitting around unused for about five years (since I decided I’d rather give my LBS some money then use up my limited time when changing bearings). It’s got the bits for pressing 608 and 6001. Cheap to a good home! 😉

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hey drop us a message with how much bud 👍

carlos
    Free Member

Hey Dave.

I’ve got a genuine set of SC presses and ond remocal tool that I use on the Bronson V3 which you’re more than welcome to borrow.

I can’t remember off the top of my head the bearing codes, but I can check tomorrow if you want confirmation what they fit.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hey Carl

ah thanks for the offer bud, appreciated! Yeah let us know if they will work and I’ll defo take you up on it. I didn’t even know sc did official bearing tools tbh – only thing is the newest ones on mine are all 7900 I think they are smaller than previous model sc but I could be wrong

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.