Home Forums Bike Forum Rockshox foam rings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox foam rings
  • dansat
    Free Member

Looking for recommendations on where to get just the foam rings for rockshox forks in the UK

I don’t believe you need to change the seals every service, but if nothing else it’s quicker to stick new foam rings in than cleaning the old ones.

Can’t see why they should be costing more than a few quid

SirHC

Pair of Foam Ring Replacements

You used to be able to buy a bag of 20 for 20quid a few years back, seems that there is more margin on a seal kit, so Zyro sell you a seal kit instead.

RustyNissanPrairie

but replacing your foam rings improves your forks performance and the postives affects last longer than just reusing your olds ones.

Its a piece of foam that wipes oil on to the stantion. Why would replacing them as opposed to cleaning them make the fork work any better?

and we wonder why the planet is ****.

vmgscot

If you don’t mind using non-OEM then there are still bags out there. I got a bunch of 36mm rings recently (still working through the bag of 35mm I got a few years back).

I get why you might want to replace – cleaning doesn’t always get all the ingrained muck out and you often end up stretching the foam when cleaning. If that happens then I bin them and replace.

desperatebicycle

Ebay seller, does all sorts of service bits for forks – bits4bikes. Will answer service queries too :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/usr/bits4bikes (should work)

dansat
    Free Member

Yeah I found them not wash that well and get a bit mangled.. all for reducing waste although there’s probably bigger fish to fry than some foam rings!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.