Home Forums Bike Forum Rockshox Charger 2.1 Damper bleeding UK

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rockshox Charger 2.1 Damper bleeding UK
  • dansat
    Free Member

I was going to make a winter job of doing my lowers service and taking the damper to be bled at a well regarded bike shop nearby. I thought it was a straightforward job but turns out they don’t do it.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to post it to, or in case some where in the Leeds vicinity I could take it to?

BoardinBob

The damper bleed is an easy home job. Just need the bleed syringe kit

SirHC

Just use the syringe, dead easy job.

willjones
    Free Member

Rob at http://humblebikes.co.uk/ may be able to help

dansat
    Free Member

I’m considering it, but while I’ve done a lot of mechanical jobs well I always seem to make a pig’s ear of bleeding things, at least the brakes I’ve done are hardly any better than before.

It would definitely be the cheapest option though

dansat
    Free Member

Thanks! not heard of this place before

scruff
    Free Member

Is that the same syringe screw as used for the brake bleeds?

SirHC

IIRC:

Old charger used a special fitting

2.1 and newer uses the same syringe as a reverb (this is for definite), bleed port is below the rubber diaphram.

el_boufador

Is there any real benefit to refreshing the fluid?

It’s very well hidden away inside the fork behind multiple seals. I can’t really see how any crud could get in there

dansat
    Free Member

I read somewhere that it doesn’t come well bled from the factory and will be better for it.

Makes sense for me as the new rockshox forks I have had are much better for a lowers service.

Anyone done it?

nixie

@el_boufador watch the video, loads of crap inside the cartridge from the top. Also suggesting that the cartridge has ingested bath oil.

nixie

Does anyone know if replacement dampers come pre-bled from the factory?

dansat
    Free Member

Yes they do, this one was an upgrade on a Yari with the older damper and I’ve never bled it

bigyan
    Free Member

Is there any real benefit to refreshing the fluid?

It’s very well hidden away inside the fork behind multiple seals. I can’t really see how any crud could get in there

Yes, they can ingest lower oil to the point of splitting the bladder (as well as changing the viscosity), there could be air in the oil, sometimes the old oil that comes out is black.
    el_boufador

Thanks might look to do this, in that case

bedmaker

Good timing, I’m needing to do mine sometime soon so will take a look at that video.

Sorry, not much use to the OP!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.