Home Forums Bike Forum Rockshox 35 gold travel increase

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rockshox 35 gold travel increase
  • Carl_419
    Free Member

I’m looking to upgrade my forks to Rockshox 35 gold, ideally I wanted 130mm travel but I can only find 120mm in stock anywhere on the market.

Is it possible to increase the travel on these forks? I know it can be done with the more expensive forks rockshox do.

Thanks

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

They have all travel spacers in the air shaft.

As long as they are 10mm ones as per the service drawings it should just be a case of removing one to extend the travel 10mm.

allanoleary
    Free Member

Hmmmmm…. interesting. The question I have now is will increasing travel lengthen the fork and change the geometry? I’m hoping yes as this would be perfect for the frame I want to buy.

chiefgrooveguru

Yes

allanoleary
    Free Member

Even though it’s still using the same air shaft? Clever, unexpected and bloody amazeballs. I assumed it would just allow more travel without changing length.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The spacers prevent the air shaft from extending fully, so limit travel by holding the fork down. They’re not the same as bottom out spacers.

Most forks used a similar system until a few years ago.

TheGhost
    Free Member

I would google the 35s before buying. There is a big thread on MTBR about how poor they are.

jonba
    Free Member

I have some 35s in my garage. Came on a Scandal at the start of the year. Used for a few months before I swapped them out.

Set up at 130mm. Drop me a pm if interested in second hand. Will get details together.

allanoleary
    Free Member

I’ve already got the 35s Scandal, just need to extend them if I buy a Bird Aether 9 frame.

allanoleary
    Free Member

I already have the 35s on my Scandal, just need to extend the travel if I buy a Bird Aether 9 frame

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I would google the 35s before buying. There is a big thread on MTBR about how poor they are.

I don’t think there’s much surprising in there? From the off they made no attempt to hide the fact it was a cheap but big fork to sit below the Yari. If you want a Yari, get a Yari!

The only bit that’s news to me is that the lowers aren’t the same as the Yari (unless the bushings are the same in the Yari/lyric).

I’ve not had any issues with mine. It was OK out of the box and quickly loosened up to become good.

It’s not a Pike/Lyric, but on a hardtail at least it’s controlled/fast enough that I can’t out ride it.

Definitely a lot better than the Sector (which was a re badged original Pike) which was my last experience of a cheap RS fork.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox 35 gold travel increase’ is closed to new replies.