Home Forums Bike Forum rockshox 2018 revelation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • rockshox 2018 revelation
  • nobbyq
    Free Member

anyone else find these forks pretty harsh ?

hols2
    Free Member

I don’t know about the newer forks, but the older Rebas, Revs, etc used to take a few rides for the bushings to wear in. They’d improve noticeably after that. Also, I have some early Solo Air Revs, the model before the volume spacer was introduced. They are extremely sensitive to air pressure. Slightly too high and they are harsh, slightly too low and they blow through the travel.

warpcow
    Free Member

Not really when set up well and bedded in. How have you set them up?

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking the same about the Revs that came on my Clockwork 137. Not sure if they are ’18 or ’19 models, got the bike in May.

They feel harsh on repeated hits and never get full travel. Set up with just over 25% sag and 3 tokens. I have stripped the lowers, re-greased the seals and re-oiled the foam rings. I’ve also removed all 3 tokens. I won’t get back out to try them until Wednesday night, hopefully they’ll feel better.

joebristol

3 tokens sounds quite a lot although it depends on how much travel you have. On my 160 Yaris (moco damping) I found that quite harsh – it was better one I removed all the tokens. The game changer though was fitting the 2019 debonair air shaft and a charger 2 damper. Amazing now!

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

The 3 tokens were on 130mm. Only ever achieving 100mm travel. Will see how they ride on Wednesday. I’ve read elsewhere that the charger 2 damper makes a huge difference, might have to start saving.

qwerty
    Free Member

Try removing a token to get more linear travel & achieve full travel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘rockshox 2018 revelation’ is closed to new replies.