Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rock Shox XC30 XC32 29er, etc
  • AlexSimon

Are these just Darts by another name, or do they share any of the half-decentness of Recons?
    They’re on a few bikes I’m looking at for my wife, but I’d previously considered Recons to be the minimum viable fork.

Any thoughts?

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

XC32’s are Tora’s
    XC28’s are Darts
    XC 30’s are a newer fork and sit between them.

AlexSimon

I’ll avoid then I think. Ta!

mlucas666
    Free Member

I’ll avoid then I think. Ta!

Recons are good forks, particularly the Golds. I wouldn’t venture much further down the RS product line if you want a decent fork

LoCo
    Free Member

If the forks have a Moco (motion control) they’ll be ok, avoid the TK (turnkey) if possible as the damping isn’t great, you can also fit dual flow rebound dampers which work rather nicely with moco’s to improve the damping further, specifically ‘packing down’ on reapeated impacts.

AlexSimon

I can’t see any options for Moco on the XC range and most of them are TK.
    I’ll stick to my Recon minimum I think.

LoCo
    Free Member

Probably best bet and will be a bit lighter too 😀

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Recons are TK too, unless you get the Gold RL version.

ads678

Not wrong with toras, they were great forks for the price. I had a pair 130mm toras on my five for a while. Never let me down. Still have them for spares actually.

LoCo
    Free Member

No I’m not saying toras are rubbish just the recons are a bit better with the the Motion control fitted, they come up cheap too on various online sites.

slinkybike
    Free Member

The major issue with the lower end forks is weight the steel coil forks lubed up well actualy feel really plush. But I would spend the extra wedge and get a gold fork the they are more tweakable and just as easy to services with a bit more patience.

AlexSimon

It’s more about what comes on complete bikes, so I might not have the total choice over Recon model, but the info is welcome, thanks all!

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Had toras on my first bike, great fork for the cash and bullerproof.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox XC30 XC32 29er, etc’ is closed to new replies.