Home Forums Bike Forum Road lids – anything as low profile as a Kask Mojito?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Road lids – anything as low profile as a Kask Mojito?
  • davosaurusrex

After a new lid, was thinking of a cut price Giro Synthe but tried on a cinder in Evans yesterday and it was a flat no, proper Toadstool from Super Mario. Synthe shape looks to be very similar. Then tried a Mojito and as well as the fit being great it is really low profile. Looks as good as non dorky as a cycling helmet can I think, at least from the front. Been around some time now and looking a bit dated at the back. Anything else to consider that doesn’t give the melon effect?

nickdavies

Nothing I could find – went for a mojito myself and really pleased with it.

simondbarnes

I’ve used Mojitos for at least 6 years now, not found anything that I’d replace them with (although I slightly prefer the fit of the sadly discontinued Dieci)

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

If your a medium the Vanquish looks nice as aero helmets go.
    Pricey though!
    Some of the upper end Bells have been good in a medium as well.
    The larger ones can still be a bit mushroom!
    Max

benp1

Mojito here – its ace

akira

Met Rivale, comfy, aero and looks good.

benp1

Out of interest, anyone wear their Mojito for off road use?

four
    Free Member

Kask Protone – Got one for Xmas, low profile (non mushroom look) and comfortable. I tried it against the Giro Synth mips and the Protone was better for me.

davosaurusrex

I’m a middle aged pretend roadie nodder, no need for an aero lid. Protone is pricy and not sold on the looks. Might just go for a mojito although need to double check sizes with a cap as I’m on the cusp. Anyone seen better than 90 quid for a white/black?

And I wouldn’t wear it off road but I have an Enduro shred sled, sort of, and a Kask Rex. I’m sure I read someone on here does though.

martello
    Free Member

‘Out of interest, anyone wear their Mojito for off road use?’
    Yep, me. Have always used road helmets. The last mtb helmet I wore was a Giro Terramoto.

simondbarnes

benp1 – Member
    Out of interest, anyone wear their Mojito for off road use?

Yep, I do.

tenfoot

My brother uses. A mojito on the road and really rates it..
    In true recommend what you use mode, I have a Giant Rev helmet that is really comfortable and not at all mushroom like.

benp1

Interesting, thanks. I have two Mojitos (Hmmm, I actually have 6 cycling helmets…) so think I might start using one for off road. It’s got great venting so might be better than my Bell Stoker when it’s warm

townydc
    Free Member

“My brother uses. A mojito on the road and really rates it..”

It’s true, i use a Mojito on the road and i really rate it.
    I also use a Mojito off road when i’m on my gravel bike and still really rate it.
    However when I’m on my MTB on or off road, i don’t wear a Mojito, as for this genre, i wouldn’t rate it……. :wink:

bluebird
    Free Member

The Synthe isn’t as big looking at the Cinder. I also tried on a Protone and really liked it, but thought the Synthe had slightly better venting.

DezB
    Free Member

I just got a Louis Garneau Edge from Evans and it’s really nicely non-toadstool like. It is a peaked one, though I do use it on the road.
    This one looks similar for roadies –

Review: Louis Garneau Course Aero Helmet

davosaurusrex

Can anyone explain the Mojito sizing options to me? Some places only have two sizes listed which is reflected in reviews, others have four. Is there two shell sizes with different pad thicknesses or something?

simondbarnes

Can anyone explain the Mojito sizing options to me? Some places only have two sizes listed which is reflected in reviews, others have four. Is there two shell sizes with different pad thicknesses or something?

Until a year or so ago there were only 2 sizes – Med or Large. They have now added Small and XL.

davosaurusrex

Nice one, thanks

davosaurusrex

Stopped in at Evans today and tried on a Synthe, a Protone and a Mojito. Will have to be the Mojito based just on fit. Good job I didn’t listen to CFH, he said to choose based on style and what colour matches your bike! Nutter.

srshaw
    Free Member

I’ll 2nd Kask protone, since that’s what I use. Sure other newish Kask models will be similar. A lot better then any giro I’ve owned (admittedly MTB lids so perhaps not a fair comparison), although giro make nice shoes!

golo
    Free Member

Before Kask released the Rex I used the Mojito as well.  To be a little less obvious I got the visor.  It’s o longer used – if some wants to pay for the postage and beer, it’s yours.

davosaurusrex

That’s a generous offer golo,  what colour and size?

atlaz
    Free Member

Just bought an Ekoi Corsa Evo. So far it’s not too mushroom-y. It’s the helmet that AG2R use so their top of the line pro helmet and currently at 44 euros including delivery in the sale. Lob in a few mesh bags for washing kit and you can probably get the 10e off so it’s a good deal.

BadlyWiredDog

<p style=”margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 0.8rem; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;”>Out of interest, anyone wear their Mojito for off road use?</p>

On my cross bike. It works just like a helmet but without a peak. As an aside, I find the Kask faux leather straps and the way they route across your neck really comfortable and ended up buying one of their mtb helmets as a result.

My usual Giro used to rub on my neck eventually creating a weird lump that ended up being biopsied. Anyway…

alistairc77
    Free Member

I’ve got a DHB lid that’s made by Kask, about 50 quid as i recall.  I really rate it, l use it on and off road. Very low profile, seems very similar to my mate’s Mojito, not quite as well vented.

The DHB stickers look a bit crap, but come off fairly easily :)

cheers_drive

I’ve got a Louis Garneau Course, it’s a nice helmet, certainly low profile. However the side strap buckles are both broken and it’s over 4 years old now so I’m looking for replacement. Now I’ve read this thread I’ll try the Mojito, the dated looks had put me off but helmet looks in product shots versus on the head are always so different.

I’ve also got the DHB Aeron mentioned above, it’s comfortable but not so sure on the looks.

davosaurusrex

I tried the Course on but it didn’t quite fit right for me. In the end I got the newer Louis Garneau Heros MIPS. It also has height adjustment and the fit is superb. Only ridden it once but it’s so quiet compared to my Scott Wit, the noise off swept tails is massively noticeable when it’s not there. You can hear traffic approaching from behind really easily, previously I was always convinced someone had caught me and was sitting on my wheel! That’s what made me decide against the Mojito and I’m glad I did

Despite the basic appearance I think it looks really good too, sits low and feels really protective and also very low profile

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Road lids – anything as low profile as a Kask Mojito?’ is closed to new replies.