Home Forums Bike Forum riding in the dolomites ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • riding in the dolomites ?
  • nobbyq
    Free Member

hi thinking over going end of may\june as will be out there , i know a lot of lifts aren’t open across alps till mid/end of june but some are , has anyone ridden here , where’s best to base yourself preferably next to an open lift ? thanks

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

No idea about the riding but skied in Corvara this year and all the Alta Badia lift stations had pics of mountain bikers on them, loads of advertising for it so might be worth a look? Cheap flights to Venice, 2.5h drive or bus connection. Corvara and Colfosco are lovely towns, great food (up and down mountain). Jealous!

professor_fate
    Free Member

Around Cortina there’s some excellent trailriding, mainly cheeky but as there’s no real culture for it around that area i.e. rarely meeting any other mtb’ers, then the walkers don’t seem to mind. It’s an area that i’m eager to repeat visit…

OwenP

I’ve ridden at San Martino di Castrozza bike arena, which has dh and enduro lines – not lots of marked runs though, although the local terrain is amazing (Dolomites obvs, so pretty spectacular…!). Think it’s only weekend lift opening until mid June though…

JellyBabyLover
    Free Member

Maybe you can look up the Sellaronda Hero route nearby (that’s a big UCI marathon & the world marathon champs venue from from a few years back) … the full route is pretty exhausting at altitude … plenty of pizza and gelato deserved afterwards (and before). http://www.herodolomites.com/en/multimedia/video-gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘riding in the dolomites ?’ is closed to new replies.