Home Forums Bike Forum Ribble Endurance SL disc…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ribble Endurance SL disc…
  • momo

Anybody have any experience with this bike, I want a road bike in the garage again and I can buy the base spec one through cycle to work (we use the Halfords scheme with a £2k limit).
    I already have some nicer DT swiss wheels to swap in – currently swapping wheels on my gravel bike for road riding but feel a little under-geared with the single ring up front. As well as a variety of stems and some carbon aero bars (they’re less than perfect cosmetically so I never sold them when I broke my last road bike up) I did consider frame only, but the frame is £1499 alone so £1999 for a full bike seems like a good deal to me when the groupset would set me back £399 on its own.

joebristol

I considered frame only but decided it was too expensive for that it was. Looks nice – although I think it’s on the racier side of endurance. Went and had a look in the Ribble shop but even though they had my size they wouldn’t let me sit on the bike to try it for size – they insist on you sitting on their bike jig. And they only have one in store and it takes a while – so I gave up and ended up buying something different. Seems an odd approach. Bike looked very nice though.

When ordering just check what the delivery date is – lots of people are reporting slipping dates with Ribble with poor communication on it.

Spec seems pretty good for the money – all solid stuff with aksium wheels (should be able to sell these on easy enough if you have better wheels), 105 etc. Carbon seatpost in there with a decent brand of tyres too.

poah
    Free Member

I have the alu version in 105 guise. Really happy with the the bike although I have made a few changes. I got mine within 48hrs of ordering as it was in stock. The wheels are pretty narrow internally and the tyres are pretty heavy. Wheels are about 2kg the tyres are 400 ish each. I swapped the tyres and wheels out straight away TBH (mine came with the level 1 Wheels and went tubeless.

podgeskeeper
    Free Member

I’ve had mine just over a year and love it. Has been great for summer Audaxing and local racy club rides. Took about 6 months to get mine, think it was scheduled for 4 months at the time of order and got put back a few times to arrive on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to me :D. Haven’t changed anything yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.