Home Forums Bike Forum Rev Dual Air U-turn – Conversion Options?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rev Dual Air U-turn – Conversion Options?
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Hi All

Have a pair of 2011 team revs (120-150) that I would like to change from dual air u-turn to either solo air or a dual position coil due to the fact that they are presumably leaking air from positive to negative and becoming soft over a prolonged ride.

Is this possible with this fork?

Tracey

We had Abigales Lyriks converted by TF Tuned. Give them a ring, they are quite good on the phone, but it wasn’t cheap.

nemesis
    Free Member

becoming soft over a prolonged ride

Sounds like a complex solution to a simple problem – a service, possibly replacing a couple of seals will fix this.

warpcow
    Free Member

There’s nothing you can do to Air U-turn as there’s nowhere in the uppers to secure a bottom-plate for any other kind of spring. That’s what TF told me, and what I saw after stubbornly opening them anyway.

LoCo
    Free Member

A dual positon or uturn coil conversion is possible, however you’ll loose 5 to 10mm max travel (depending on spring rate fitted) due to the negative spring arrangement.

warpcow
    Free Member

Ooh, I stand corrected. Is that where the negative spring goes on the damper side instead? Might look into changing my old Pike to a DP (sorry Loco, too far away to order from you).

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers LoCo

Any idea on rough cost of this conversion?

In terms of spring rate I imagine I would be looking at medium spring, dual position being the preference.

LoCo
    Free Member

£55 ish would get 140/143mm max travel as fork will be a touch shorter, works out cheaper than a new set of forks if can deal with travel loss 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rev Dual Air U-turn – Conversion Options?’ is closed to new replies.