Home Forums Chat Forum REDRUM, BBC4, at 10pm tonight.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • REDRUM, BBC4, at 10pm tonight.
  • Poopscoop

If you know, you know.

Kryton57

Nice PSA, thats going on record, thanks!

hightensionline

It was on BBC2 last Friday – I couldn’t switch it off, despite being shattered. It’s one of those. Pretty sure it’s on iPlayer as well.

It’s crazy that Stephen King hates it.

peesbee

Those tracking shots of the tricycle.  Awesome film.  I love a visit to the Overlook.

dlr

Great film, still turn away at the hugging scene…

desperatebicycle

There’s a Stephen King On Film documentary coming up next week. Maybe he’ll explain why he’s not a fan of one of the best films ever!

Watty

Wendy, I’m home.

Kryton57

I couldn’t switch it off, despite being shattered. It’s one of those. Pretty sure it’s on iPlayer as well.

This is what I’m worried about, I have a senior management meeting at 7am tomorrow.  

simondbarnes

Well just start watching it now then instead of waiting until 10.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000l4ml/the-shining

Poopscoop

One of the bits of many that chills me is when his wife looks at all the pages he’s been spending hour upon hour typing. Simple but terrifying.

robertajobb

There was I coming here expecting a tribute to a 1970s national hunt race horse.

Drac

Doctor Sleep is an excellent sequel too.

simondbarnes

I’ve just noticed that the bbc version is only 1hr55m so I’ve started watching the 2hr24m version I have on my telly hard drive

maccruiskeen

A little abridged toe-tapper for anyone who’s not staying up late

simondbarnes

Wonderful film, glad I watched it again :-)

dyna-ti

Great movie. Spotted it on BBC iplayer the other night but only watched half of it. Glad they put it in BBC terrestrial

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Kryton57

They dot. Make them like that anymore.   It compelled me to read the synopsis which then led to a comparison of the book, endings and characters.  I finally got to bed at 1am…

fasthaggis

Drac is correct.
    My son#1 had never seen The Shining,so we watched it before going to see Dr Sleep at the cinema.
    IMO,it made Dr Sleep much more enjoyable and easier (for him)to spot the Shining references.
    👍

JonnyC
    Free Member

The book is very different from the film, so I can see why King wouldn’t like it.  As a stand alone film it’s amazing and Nicholson is outstanding.

funkmasterp

Great film but I can see why Stephen King doesn’t like it. The book is basically him dealing with alcoholism. The film sort of loses that. The Jack in the film is a very different one from the one in the book. Both pieces of art from people at the top of their game. Although the last few King books have been excellent in my opinion.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.