Home Forums Bike Forum Recommend me a new helmet.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a new helmet.
  • toffer
    Free Member

As titled any recommendations on a new helmet, looking for trail styling and currently liking the look of the Troy Lee a1, thoughts on this any negatives of it apart from it being a bit hot? Anyone got anything else they think is better or got a good deal on?!

v55drw
    Free Member

Got the A1 last year from chain reaction for £55 in blue, it is slightly hotter than my 661 recon but fits much better with better rear coverage. Riding through the summer just meant slightly sweatier hair post ride.

Simon

I’ve got an A1. It’s nicely finished, fits me well and is comfortable but it’s hot even in autumn/winter. I’ll be getting something better vented for next summer.

Northwind

I was put off by the heat comments. Do like my Fox Strikers- light, decent coverage (not quite as much as some though), well vented and comfy.

julzm
    Free Member

I recently got a met bluegrass golden eye. Really liking it.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

+1 for the TLD A1.

I just got one this week & have not worn it on the bike.

One thing I will say is that I was blown away when I stuck it on me napper – seriously comfortable & plush padded liner!

Check our JE James for the best price (that I found)

Got a nice orange one for £75, the Matte Grey & Matte Red were available in all sizes for £65!!!

eltonerino
    Free Member

I just bought a bell super 1 from CRC for £65. Still waiting for delivery though.

toffer
    Free Member

I recently got a met bluegrass golden eye. Really liking it.

Not sure about that one, looks like it sticks out quite far?

Check our JE James for the best price (that I found)

Got a nice orange one for £75, the Drone Grey was available in all sizes for £65!!! yep seen them there, what’s the orange like? Looks nice in pictures

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

The Orange looks wicked (IMO)

I actually wanted the grey, but feel my other kit is a bit bland….

toffer
    Free Member

The Orange looks wicked (IMO)

I actually wanted the grey, but feel my other kit is a bit bland….

Thanks most of my kit is black so would add a bit of colour! Not sure how it would look with my green shorts though!

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I got one during the summer and I didn’t find it overly hot to be fair. Coverage is good and the quality of the helmet is the best I’ve ever had.

The only other helmet I had considered was the Bell Super, but now the 2R is out I’d probably be looking to get this as I like the idea of the added protection the removable chin bar gives.

kimbers

Got a bell stoker in bright green medium new in box

40 quid posted

eltonerino
    Free Member

I thought about a bell super 2r, but then I realised I could buy a 1 and spend the other £60 on a proper full facer.

alpineharry
    Free Member

Anybody have experience with the poc xc helmets?

treklee
    Free Member
    frackit
    Free Member

Another vote for the A1 – mine is in Metal Flake – comfy and well made – haven’t noticed it being especially hot though

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new helmet.’ is closed to new replies.