Home Forums Bike Forum PSA: Rockshox Revelation 120, 29, Tapered, 15mm Diffusion black £233 at Planet X

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA: Rockshox Revelation 120, 29, Tapered, 15mm Diffusion black £233 at Planet X
  • milfordvet
    Free Member

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOROREV29/rockshox-revelation-rl-120mm-forks

With a change of internal tokens and or £30 air shaft it will adjust for different travel heights & wheel sizes.

Its also 140 27.5 or 150 26″ with just internal token change without a different air shaft. Non boost.

kelron
    Free Member

Anyone have experience of using tapered forks with a straight head tube? I’ve checked it is possible to get an appropriate headset for my frame but it would raise the front end. Not sure how much difference it would make to the handling.

kimbers

I just needed a lower headset in my knoa unit, it made things a wee bit slacker (a2c was also increasing as i was going from rigid anyway)

handles fine with 100mm travel, they were set at 120mm originally, felt a bit more vague at that, but not much, reckon id have got used to it if i wanted to

scotroutes

kelron – Member
    Anyone have experience of using tapered forks with a straight head tube? I’ve checked it is possible to get an appropriate headset for my frame but it would raise the front end. Not sure how much difference it would make to the handling.

1 1/8th inch or 44mm?

kelron
    Free Member

44mm I think, Google brings up various forum posts asking about it but I can’t find official spec (Voodoo Bizango).

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Anyone know if these forks can be converted to longer travel?

Oh, and if you have a 44mm id head tube, the world is your oyster. I’ve got a couple of frames like this and swapping a different fork in and out is pretty straight forward with either a crown race change or a lower cup change depending on the fork. A tapered fork requires an external cup so if you’ve been running an internal cup (assuming the same axle to crown distance), you’ll jack the front up by the height of your new external cup – usually 5 – 10 mm ish. It’s not something I worry about in my opinion, I get used to small changes like that within a few minutes of riding if I notice it at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Rockshox Revelation 120, 29, Tapered, 15mm Diffusion black £233 at Planet X’ is closed to new replies.