Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • PSA. Roadies upto 70% off Sportful
  • robfury
    Free Member

Some cracking deals on road gear, some great bib shorts for as little as £39.

https://saddleback.co.uk/collections/summer-sale/filterbrand_sportful

scaredypants

Magic, ta !

Love a bit of total comfort

boblo
    Free Member

That’s an ace PSA, ta.

For the Gabba/Perfetto fans (most of us?), try the Sportful Fiandre Pro very similar to a Gabba but in Neoshell so betterer for wetterer days. Almost as breathable and waterproof as Shakedry and as warm/stretchy as a Gabba – all for £70!

Jamz
    Free Member

Brilliant – thank you.

Although, what with this and the Sigma sale I will now be on a porridge-pasta-rice diet for the foreseeable future!

drlex
    Free Member

Great PSA; thanks! Free returns, so looking to order both L and XL, as Italian sizing. Also Apple Pay so no faff with registering.

chrisyork

Absolutely brilliant thank you, pair of bibs and a windproof gilet bought for under £80 altogether!

bensales
    Free Member

I wonder if they’ve considered doing sizes for actual human beings? XXXL being a 45in chest is taking the mick. Nice gear otherwise.

b33k34

I’m trying to work out their sizing. I’m c32” waist c39” chest which is a medium top and bottom for most companies. For Sportful I’m s-m boundary waist and l-xl boundary tops. Are italians triangular?

Would a fiandre be a good replacement for a gore phantom?

jamiea
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers! 3 pairs of bib shorts for less a £ton. Oh, and a new Gore-tex jacket from the Sigma PSA 🙂

Free returns, so looking to order both L and XL, as Italian sizing.

Indeed, I ordered small as well as medium. Surprisingly I’ve a pair of Castelli bib shorts in small that fit, so hoping they’re a similar cut.

Jamz
    Free Member

Sportful bibs come up larger than Castelli – I wear a small in Sportful but a medium in Caselli. Not sure about the top though I’m afraid.

molgrips
    Free Member

Damn, I wish my pocket money account wasn’t already drained.

stumpy01

Hmmm. Debating getting a couple of new bits.
    Bit undecided about sizing though. On the size guide I’m probably on the boundary of L/XL for tops (~40″ chest) and M/L for shorts (~33″ waist).
    Having recently returned a load of Pearl Izumi stuff as their size guide was way off, I am not sure I can be bothered.

Any more tips on sizing? I’m normally a medium in most stuff – but with roadie oriented sizing all bets seem off.

boblo
    Free Member

Would a fiandre be a good replacement for a gore phantom?

Phantoms were Windstopper (Infinium now?) and latterly, quite a baggy fit. Fiandre are Neoshell which is taped and waterproof. It’s almost as stretchy/drapes like Windstopper but it’s more of a cold day/wet weather jacket. I wear Gabbas when I expect to stay mostly dry, Fiandre when I expect to get wet. If I’m unsure, Gabba + Shakedry.

I take XL in Sportful and L in Castelli (IIRC, they are from the same Group of Companies…). I think Sportful is one size down from ‘normal’ ie buy one size biggerer.

footflaps

I’m Medium in normal clothes, but XXL for tops in Sportful’s range!

stumpy01

footflaps
    I’m Medium in normal clothes, but XXL for tops in Sportful’s range!

Useful to know, thanks. I’m between a L-XL according to their size guide in tops, so was erring towards XL. XL should be plenty, but maybe I need XXL which seems ludicrous for a 40″ chest.

Likewise, large should be plenty on the shorts (size guide says 34.5″ waist and I’m ~33″ waist) but wondering if XL would be better…..

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Useful to know, thanks. I’m between a L-XL according to their size guide in tops, so was erring towards XL. XL should be plenty, but maybe I need XXL which seems ludicrous for a 40″ chest.

Likewise, large should be plenty on the shorts (size guide says 34.5″ waist and I’m ~33″ waist) but wondering if XL would be better…..

Have you stolen my body? I’ve just bought a couple of jerseys and jacket in XL and now I’m worried I’ve got the sizing wrong. I’m L in Rapha, XL in castelli so assumed XL would be spot on however boblo is saying another size up from castelli?!?!

drlex
    Free Member

The DR jacket is less Road-biased although not of Gore material.

Response time is good – I’ve had notification of dispatch and for 24 hr delivery, so may well get to ride in whatever fits this weekend.

boblo
    Free Member

however boblo is saying another size up from castelli?!?!

I’m an L in a Castelli Gabba/Perfetto and XL in a Sportful Fiandre. YMMV…

footflaps

but maybe I need XXL which seems ludicrous for a 40″ chest

Most pro tour level cyclists probably have a 34″ chest, no shoulder muscles and no traps.

thepurist

Most pro tour level cyclists probably have a 34″ chest, no shoulder muscles and no traps.

That’s pretty much me, apart from the ‘pro tour level’ bit – but the Sportful bibs I’ve got are a Medium as IIRC the Smalls wouldn’t let me stand up straight.

robfury
    Free Member

i am xxxl in castelli gabba, can squeeze into a xxl, sportfull xxl is about between the two.

chrisyork

Oh good god, just got my order…. Thanks Sportful for really bashing my ego! Both items are going to need to be XXL to fit me and I’m usually a medium wearer 🤣 it’s all going back for bigger sizes. Bugger it!

thenorthwind

The DR jacket is less Road-biased although not of Gore material.

I’ve gone for one of these too. Hopefully it’s aimed more at the casual market too and so medium actually fits a medium sized person.

drlex
    Free Member

Received the Fiandre Pro Jacket in Dark Gold- I was expecting Kiel’s command gold, but it’s more Captain Ochre. Beautiful quality and, like Chrisyork above, a blow to the self-confidence to just fit an XL when I’m medium in everything else (inc. Rapha).
    It sadly means that all the L that I’ve ordered can go straight back when it turns up on Monday.

chrisyork

🤣 yep the large bibs that I bought which are a 34.5 waist apparently, have beenupgraded to the 2XL ones that hopefully will be better. I even thought the XL’s would be too large as they’re 36.5 waist and I’m more a 35 so when thinking the sportful’s would be snug, I did expect them to come over my bottom….which the large’s definitely did not, and I have a svelte bottom too!

2XL if you’re 6’1, around 12.5 stone and about a 35 waist 🤣

boblo
    Free Member

Aye, it’s an early warning to yourself. Keep eating like a fat Yank and the world of real xxl awaits…

hexhamstu
    Free Member

The dark gold is not gold in anyway and is definitely just orange. As others have said sizing is way off on most stuff.

TheGingerOne

I just received my medium giara and total comfort bib shorts. I’m 5’10” and just under 12 stone with about a 32″ waist. Fit is fine for me, but I like lycra to be tight, but it is certainly not too tight. Total Comfort bib straps are a little tight standing straight, but fine in a cycling position.

b33k34

Fiandre Pro jackets arrived today. Their sizing is so off. the 39″ chest of a Large really should fit me based on a tape measure and any other clothing I’ve ever had but I can’t breathe in it. The XL is not much better – still uncomfortably tight around the armpits and chest and it still seems short in the body (and there’d be not space to get anything more than a thin base layer under it in winter)

Debating whether to order a 2XL. Fabric feels lovely but it really is very much pro fit.

footflaps

I’m a 40″ chest-ish and XXL is a race fit on me. L and I can’t even join the zip, XL I can do it up but if I breathed out the zip would fail. Always seem that the arm pits are the tightest spot.

stumpy01

It makes no sense to me when clothing manufacturers do this.
    The ‘name’ of the size doesn’t really matter, so long as the measurement for that size is correct.
    So, call them XS-S-M-L-XL-XXL-OMGXXL-EATLESSXXL if you want, but just make the measurements correct, so I know what to order.
    I quite fancied buying a few of these bits, but pleased I didn’t bother now. I think I would have needed XXL, even though the size guide suggests that would be way too big for me.

The recent PSA on Freewheel for Pearl Izumi stuff was the same. I went up a size on the jersey & bib shorts I ordered, but none of it fit & had to go back.

footflaps

Yep, I find it really annoying and it stops me ordering stuff as I just can’t be arsed with having to send it all back etc.

Even within single brands, eg Rapha, their sizing is all over the place. I have several Rapha tops and jackets (all XL) and ordered their latest GTX jacket in XL – couldn’t breathe out, so sent it back and haven’t bothered ordering the next size up….

The size guides are next to useless, I’d be a L at best…

thepurist

The size guides are next to useless, I’d be a L at best…

I took a punt on some Small waist shorts. Should’ve been fine according the the sizing but they’d probably fit an average 12 year old, I couldn’t even get them all the way up my thighs let alone to my waist. They don’t have any M but I’m feeling that one size up won’t be enough so have taken a punt on the Large. Just glad they do free returns.

footflaps

You’d think it would be in their interests to minimise the cost of returns by having a sensible size guide, but obviously not!

davosaurusrex

Looking at the Fiandre Pro jacket – I’m a lanky 6’3″ and a bit, 85kg with a 48 year olds junior beer gut. Based on comments above and the fact I’m XL in Castelli does a 2XL sound right?

b33k34

@davosaurusrex

6 5, 80kg, no belly and I’m definitely not getting in a XL. haven’t got a 2xl to try but you could easily be another size up.

MrSmith
    Free Member

For sizing just use the ‘will it fit’ thing on Sigmasport.

stumpy01

MrSmith

For sizing just use the ‘will it fit’ thing on Sigmasport.

The say what now?
    Just looked on the sigmasports website & didn’t find anything. Got a link? Or brief explanation of what it is? Ta.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Update on sizing as I’ve tried the rest on now, the Supergiara long sleeve jersey and vest and also the Snap Jersey fitted in XL as expected.

It’s just the Sportful Fiandre Pro Jacket which was way way off. I could get it zipped up but it was probably 2 sizes away from being the correct fit. So far off I haven’t bothered trying the XXL.

I’m a L in Rapha and XL in castelli. 193cm 87-90kg

MrSmith
    Free Member

Just find the sportful product and click on the green square with “what’s my size?” next to it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.