• This topic has 34 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by colp.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • PSA: MotoGP TV coverage (no spoilers please)!
  • concrete24
    Free Member

I was struggling to find any talk of highlights coverage of the new MotoGP season. For those of you without BT Sport it has been announced that it is on Quest from Monday:

“The first programme will air on Monday 11 March at 6pm, and repeated at 11pm – featuring coverage from all three Championships, following the opening round of the season from the Losail Circuit in Qatar this weekend.“

Sorry if everyone else interested already knew that!

Enjoy!

JAG

I didn’t know Quest were showing it so Thank You 😊

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA I would never have thought to look for it on Quest.

mashr

iirc the Quest on demand service works ok too, hopefully they put it on there

Bustaspoke
    Free Member
    simondbarnes

It was only announced this weekend so schedules probably haven’t been updated yet.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

It was only announced this weekend so schedules probably haven’t been updated yet.

OK, that might explain things

concrete24
    Free Member

Yep – doesn’t appear in the listings yet – I found it on the Eurosport site:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/moto/quest-secures-exclusive-free-to-air-motogp-highlights-from-2019_sto7176595/story-amp.shtml

pondo

Great shout, thank you. 🙂

onewheelgood

And for those, who like me had no idea, quest is on channel 37 on Freeview.

colp

Top class just starting on BT Sport, playing Breathe by The Prodigy, nice tribute.

mercuryrev

Great MotoGP race, huge new respect to the chap in third.

Dickyboy

Bloody annoying when you Google the calander and results of the race are the first thing that pop up, can’t even see it on BT sport catch up yet either 🙄

colp

The BT Sport app is a nightmare for that, virtually impossible to use it to watch catch up without seeing the results.
    There is a no-spoilers web page but it’s a faff to use with Chromecast,

mercuryrev

I’m seriously considering going with the MotoGP feed (which is cheaper if you buy it in euros btw). I am fed up with Huewen’s commentary, he takes an age to notice things that happen on track and how many times does he reference gambling in the course of a race? Yesterday someone mentioned something a team manager had said about Schrotter. So we had to listen to Huewen repeating it time after time during the race, like there was nothing else to mention. Suzi Perry is also well past her sell by date (was she ever any good?) giving out duff info, getting names wrong and for a lot of the time appearing pretty disinterested in what’s going on. ‘The Argentinian round in two week’s time’ when the graphic onscreen is showing 21 days till Argentina….

My biggest gripe however is why they mention in commentary what happened in the previous race. Why? What possible reason is there for doing it? Equally why do they constantly do the ‘ICYMI’ bit? If I am interested enough to watch the racing, perhaps I didn’t miss it, or perhaps I haven’t watched it yet? Does BT not realise that it’s possible to record their progs and then watch them out of sequence? They even run replays of the race on BT3 and then have the race result come up on screen during the same actual race!

I used to enjoy the banter, all round knowledge and expertise of Jules (sadly missed) and Hodgson has his moments (Marquez’s new girlfriend for example), but overall they really do need to sort their act out.

Right, I’m off for a lie down in a dark room, do my breathing exercises and wring out a wet flannel….

sands
    Free Member

OP @concrete24
    Thanks
    Bump

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Subscribed to the MotoGP site last year while working away, I also have a particular dislike to listening to Keith Huewen,s commentating.
    MotoGP feed is so much better in my opinion, commentators really know what they are talking about and Simon Crafar in the pit lane or MotoGP is very insightful.
    I have re-subscribed this year and watched this weekends through.
    Also has a good feature of when I open the MotoGP app it’s takes me too a no spoilers page so you don’t see any results.

colp

In BT’s defence, I really like Neil Hodgson and Colin Edwards, both funny and obviously very knowledgeable.

mercuryrev

Subscribed to the MotoGP site last year while working away, I also have a particular dislike to listening to Keith Huewen,s commentating.
    MotoGP feed is so much better in my opinion, commentators really know what they are talking about and Simon Crafar in the pit lane or MotoGP is very insightful.
    I have re-subscribed this year and watched this weekends through.
    Also has a good feature of when I open the MotoGP app it’s takes me too a no spoilers page so you don’t see any results.

Is the MotoGP version a bit serious and dry? Eurosport with Toby and Jules (especially with Randy Mamola in the pits), back in the day, was pretty much perfect for me.

We met Jules at the recent classic dirtbike show and whilst he defended BT, he was full of praise for the MotoGP programme and Simon Crafar in particular.

Perhaps I’ll give it a go for Argentina.

onewheelgood

Well, I managed to avoid seeing the result until I watched the Quest highlights. Should be an interesting season.
    As far as the programme goes, I was a bit disappointed. Last year’s 5 coverage had short highlights from the junior races, but then showed the whole MotoGP race. Now we get highlights of all three, slightly longer for the premier class. But I still can’t bring myself to pay a couple of hundred quid for the full coverage.

simondbarnes

Last year’s 5 coverage had short highlights from the junior races, but then showed the whole MotoGP race.

No, it didn’t show the whole motogp race.

colp

But I still can’t bring myself to pay a couple of hundred quid for the full coverage.

I’m just switching to Plusnet (from BT).
    It’s an extra £5/month for BT Sport on top of the normal bill.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Cal. Great ride.

pondo

Crafer has great insight, the rest of them are gash.

concrete24
    Free Member

I recorded it on Quest HD (Freesat). I thought the coverage was OK – agree, they could shorten the Moto3 and 2 race highlights and add a bit more into the main event. However, I thought it was pretty comaparable with the c5 coverage last year and it was FREE! N.B. Must remember to fast forward the adverts quicker next time – they showed a screenshot of the podium when advertising the later repeat of the show!

simondbarnes
    bear-uk
    Free Member

Was reading about the MotoE fire this morning. Highly volatile them batteries, they will design a fire proof cover for them soon but its to late now.
    Regarding Moto gp coverage I watch it live for free on my Android tablet using Modbo apk. Its not an app so not on the play store.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Is there a regular chat thread?

colp

Anyone else just watch Argentina?
    No spoilers but was that penalty fair?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Yes just watched it all live.
    As for the penalty the answer at the mo is No

jim25

Not a chance in hell! Be interesting to read his interview, he won’t be happy.

aide

Didn’t think the penalty to be fair either, they (race officials) must have really good cameras to see anything there

Matt24k
    Free Member

MotoGP.com app is now available on Fire TV and Stick. You can set it to No Spoiler mode and it stays that way unless you change it. I have used it, via PC and Phone, for around 5 years and was very pleased when they got rid of shouty Nick Harris as the volume and intensity of his voice bore no relation to the on screen action.
    Argentina and the Jump Start WTF?

onewheelgood

The QuestOD page is https://www.questod.co.uk/show/motogp-2019-highlights
    Looks like they will have all the rounds up eventually.

colp

5 minutes to go, anyone else watching live?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘PSA: MotoGP TV coverage (no spoilers please)!’ is closed to new replies.