Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA Lidl tick removal kit
  • Tracey

Noticed these at our local Lidl. Tweezers, assorted plasters and a tick bag? £1.49.

tjagain

tweezers should not be used to remove ticks.

beamers

tweezers should not be used to remove ticks.

Unless they are Tick Tweezers

cinnamon_girl

DezB
    Free Member

Unless they are Tick Tweezers

“Unisex”! Have you ever tried sexing a tick? strong magnifying glass required 😁

dropoff

Lifesystems Tick Remover Card is what you need. Cheap, easy to carry and works every time.

Tracey

Is the consensus that they wont work then

eulach

+1 for the twisters. You don’t need to pull the tick out – the twisting action irritates the tick and it lets go. I have never had a head break off as I have with tweezers and cards.

winston
    Free Member

Yep twisters are the best. Used them loads of times on human and animal subjects and always work.

Greybeard
    Free Member

The hooked tweezers are better on very small ticks, it’s difficult to get the twisters hooked under them. Otherwise the twisters are fine. I carry both.

Never heard of tick bags before, I thought you are supposed to put a tick in the box.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Annoyingly I have removed ticks off me everyday for over a week! Flipping tick central here in the strongest tick season. We have used all the systems that we are aware of and for us the tick twisters are the safest and only consistent method. Cheap as chips, we have a pair (one is small, one larger) in each car, first aid kit and one upstairs and one down stairs..
    Please don’t pull them straight off, high probability of leaving the head in you, please don’t do anything that might squeeze them, high probability that anything in them (the bad stuff) will be squeezed into you.
    If ever in a tick area, well worth checking yourself but some are so small you won’t notice till they’ve dug in and you begin to feel an insect bite like feel, my experience is this is a day later.
    Never used a plaster, really wondering if putting one in a bag would be useful?

reeksy

Best to use freeze spray first.

https://www.tiara.org.au/

We have to do it all the time where we live and it definitely makes a difference.

sillyoldman

Lifesystems card works best for me. Even on teeny ones.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I thought you are supposed to put a tick in the box.

Just wanted to give this quip the recognition it deserves 👏

ajantom

Over many decades of tick experience, I’ve found the cotton bud method to be the best and easiest.

– Find tick (after shower normally), swear, and get a cotton bud.
    – Circle the cotton bud around and just touching the tick – you can add a drop of liquid soap to the cotton bud, all this does is lubricate it and make it easier to circle.
    – tick lets go of you and grabs onto the cotton bud.
    – Doesn’t detach the head or kill the tick, and always works.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lidl tick removal kit’ is closed to new replies.