Home Forums Chat Forum PSA: LD Mountain Centre sale.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • PSA: LD Mountain Centre sale.
  • matt_outandabout

Some huge bargains. For example I’ve just ordered a Rab Ladkh for £105, down from RRP of £350…

https://www.ldmountaincentre.com/walk-hike-c1/clothing-c2/waterproof-jackets-c3/rab-ladakh-gtx-jacket-p37563/s204177

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Picked up a Kangri last week for £140,thought that was a total bargain, but looks like I’m beat.

Got a couple of pairs of bridgedale explorer socks from LD a few days ago for £7.50 a pair. Some complete bargains in their sale!

RustyNissanPrairie

👍 good PSA thanks.

jamiea
    Free Member

Phew, I was worried they’d beat the 33% off the bikepacking / audax grade down jacket I picked up from Trekitt this week! Still available for those less short-of-arse than meself:
    https://www.trekitt.co.uk/outdoor-jackets/insulated-jackets/rab-mens-mythic-alpine-light-jacket-marmalade__47418

jimmy
    hot_fiat

Just be aware that LDMC have a fairly flexible approach to pricing on the website. What might seem cheap this morning can suddenly change in price depending on the prevailing wind. Likewise, if you go in-store the price on the swing tag is often mysteriously discounted on checkout as the guys live check them against the website. It’s always a mystery what you pay & generally its a pleasant surprise.

Technical service is exemplary – particularly if you’re after proper ski equipment.  As good as any shop as I’ve been to in the alps. A proper old school gem. The birthplace of berghaus.

scaredypants

FWIW (possibly not much), malwarebytes thinks there’s a trojan there (LDMC) and firefox doesn’t want to open it and says: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

Neither may be important – IANACougar

matt_outandabout

That is rather worrying!

scaredypants

A grown-up will be along soon enough to cheer you up, I’m sure

Cougar

Neither may be important – IANACougar

The SSL error would likely indicate an ill-maintained site, it’s not been updated with security fixes.

On the trojan I have no idea, could be a false positive? Though I trust MBAM generally.

chvck
    Free Member

firefox doesn’t want to open it and says: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

FWIW firefox on my laptop and phone are opening it ok.

jamiea
    Free Member

Phew, I was worried they’d beat the 33% off the bikepacking / audax grade down jacket I picked up from Trekitt this week! Still available for those less short-of-arse than meself:

Bugger, my darling wife has just pointed out that Oustside have it at 35% off.
    https://www.outside.co.uk/rab-mythic-alpine-light-down-jacket-m.html
    Now can I be arsed with all the returns palaver…

bikesandboots

Any recommendations for something warmish and waterproof for out and about casual use?

Like a Montane Prism but waterproof. Might not be the kind of thing that exists for active and mountain sports as it’s all about layering, but I could do with the convenience of a single coat for daily winter use.

mildred

Good PSA but there was so much, by the time I’d got to the end of 44 pages a lot of my basket had sold out 😂

ElShalimo

@dufresneorama

Picked up a Kangri last week for £140,thought that was a total bargain, but looks like I’m beat.

Which shop?

Pyro

Any recommendations for something warmish and waterproof for out and about casual use?

Like a Montane Prism but waterproof.

OMM Barrage jacket – https://theomm.com/product/barrage-jacket-green-black/?v=79cba1185463 – you may find it cheaper elsewhere

yiman

Cheers….ordered new ski boots at 4am this morning!

duckman
    Free Member

Got a Patagonia Bivy Down for £79 😳

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Cheers….ordered new ski boots at 4am this morning!

Snap. Which ones?

Scarpa Quattro SLs for me. Ski boots sight unfitted, I must be mad…

yiman

Salomon S/Pro 120.  What’s th worst that could happen….only ruin my whole ski holiday with ill-fitting boots?  😂

bikesandboots

OMM Barrage jacket – https://theomm.com/product/barrage-jacket-green-black/?v=79cba1185463 – you may find it cheaper elsewhere

Thanks, that’s the type of thing I want.

OMM though is one of those outdoor clothing brands (Rab is another) I wouldn’t want to be seen wearing around the place day to day. And it’s a bit on the expensive side, even after discount.

singlespeedstu

Anyone had a despatch email for their order yet?

el_boufador

@singlespeedstu was going to ask the same. No not yet for me.

Also showing paid but not sent in the order page on the website

Doubtless they’ve a backlog to work through.

I may try phoning them tomorrow. Will report back if I remember to!

matt_outandabout

Nothing here yet either.

piemonster
    Free Member

I have tracking for mine, currently with Royal Mail.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’m tempted by the north face cagoule down parka,  but struggling to findany info or reviews.  It seems to be an old parka that is no longer made, possibly similar to the mcmurdo but higher fill down.   I’ve far too many coats already but at half price an insanely warm parka for sedentary stuff in the winter appeals.

Earl
    Free Member

I ordered ski boots Sat morning. Sweet deal. Just got out of stock email. Bugger.

jimmy
    StirlingCrispin

Humph.

The Mons Royale long-sleeve top I ordered is actually out-of-stock and I have been refunded.

Back to browsing the web – but at the end of the sale season rather than the start. Humph.

RustyNissanPrairie

My half price Fjallraven jacket and 70%off Hagloff trousers arrived okay👍

piemonster
    Free Member

Mine delivered too

matt_outandabout

And mine arrived today

el_boufador

Well it seems half my order has been cancelled, as I have been partially refunded.

I also got a dispatched email for the products that have been cancelled….but no tracking info (I am assuming for now the dispatch email is a mistake)

Rest of the order is sat saying pending. Seemingly not been sent, no tracking, no email.

Tried to phone. No answer

Have politely emailed to ask what’s going on. Radio silence.

Although I’m not in a rush for any of it…not too impressed TBH

StirlingCrispin

Half my order was cancelled.

Received a despatch email for the remaining item with RoyalMail48. Except RoyalMail still say: “We’re expecting it”.

That was Monday and it’s now Saturday. 

Not impressed.

yiman

Got ski boots today, but had ordered a spare bladder too which was missing.

scotroutes

I ordered some winter running shoes. That was Friday and I’ve not heard anything yet. I mean, it’s been frosty but not yet icy so I’m not exactly in a rush :-)

scotroutes

Despatched email just arrived…

Let it snow
    let it snow
    let it snow!

singlespeedstu

Our order turned up yesterday with half the items missing.

Rang them and they refunded for the stuff that was out of stock.

Pyro

Put in two orders a day apart – should have had it all in one but dithered.

Second order arrived by DPD a day after the despatch email.

First order still shows as Royal Mail awaiting handover of the parcel a week after the dispatch email…

StirlingCrispin

My order was showing as Royal Mail awaiting handover of the parcel a week after the dispatch email.

Last week I queried this and was told , ” we lied and we are busy. Soz”.

Just had another despatch email.

All I know is that I won’t be ordering from LDM again.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.