• This topic has 165 replies, 100 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)
  • ⭐ Official Black Friday 2020 Thread ⭐
  • greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Black Friday deal.

They’ve thrown in some more goodies to the bundle.

https://gopro.com/en/gb/shop/cameras/hero9-black/CHDHX-901-master.html

Cougar

In anticipation of this being the first of a brazillian separate Black Friday threads swamping half the forum, I’ve taken the liberty of amending your thread title. Hope that’s OK.

grum
    Free Member

Is there a separate thread for anti-Amazon virtue signalling or do I do it here?

Drac

You just did.

frankconway

Ah, that great annual opportunity to buy stuff that no-one wanted at full/last discounted price.
    Tat and over-priced.

jimdubleyou

If anybody sees any bargains on the mic off snow foam pressure washer thing, can you @me please?

johndoh
    Free Member

Tat and over-priced.

How do you work that one out?

johnjn2000

This is going well. Just spent most of the morning looking for a bargain without knowing what I want, and finding nothing that leapt out at me. I then thought ‘Ahhhh STW will have a thread’ 6 posts from a week ago is all I find. You lot used to be useful 🙂

zilog6128

you know BF is next week? 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is there a separate thread for anti-Amazon virtue signalling or do I do it here?

“Alexa….stop oppressin’ me”

davros

Pixel 4a is 319 at Amazon. Help Google and Amazon get richer. What’s not to love?

johnjn2000

Is it! Well bugger me! That would explain my wasted efforts this AM. I feel mildly foolish now.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Is there a separate thread for anti-Amazon virtue signalling or do I do it here

Do it here, but don’t expect much support since a surprising and disappointingly large proportion of STWers are shallow gear freaks with no conscience and don’t give two shits about community so long as they get some new tat to play with.

poolman
    Free Member

Amazon avoider here but i noticed a retailer I use match Amazon prices sometimes, so I bought a pair of Bose 700 headphones for 200 quid, love them, worth 200 but at full retail of 300 not so sure. Prices change daily, so when u see a good price buy it.

chakaping
    Free Member

Do it here, but don’t expect much support since a surprising and disappointingly large proportion of STWers are shallow gear freaks with no conscience and don’t give two shits about community so long as they get some new tat to play with.

And a corresponding number are dullards with an over-inflated sense of their own intelligence and the originality of their thoughts.

Pay yer money, take yer choice.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Does a thought need to be original to be worthwhile?

johnjn2000

You are aware that businesses sell on Amazon, not Amazon, right? And that Black Friday extends beyond Amazon?

lots_of_hope

Lenovo have some (possibly) good discounts on their website. I haven’t been studying their prices for 6 months so don’t actually know if the discounts are genuine though.

crazy-legs

You know BF has become a month-long festival of consumerism?
    Just in advance of Christmas and New Year, that 6-week festival of consumerism.

Cougar

Buying stuff is not mandatory.

zilog6128

You know BF has become a month-long festival of consumerism?

it has, although IME the offers around BF really are just clearing out old shit 😃 Whereas some retailers who rarely/never discount actually do genuine offers on BF itself or over the w/e

Speaking of clearing out old shit, just seen in HUKD that Amazon are from today offering 30% off select (not all!) Warehouse items https://www.hotukdeals.com/visit/comment/42714914/16554306
    (No coming on here and moaning that the items aren’t brand new cos I’m telling you now they ain’t 😉)
    Actually pretty handy though as I’ve got a big list of stuff that I do actually need/want & am going to buy anyway at some point (mainly smart-home related stuff) and there’s a few relevant bits on there at a nice discount…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Some cracking deals on mobiles on the Xioami UK site, including the 10T Lite 5G from £169 (using 2020BF30 for £30 discount off £200 basket, for instance adding phone plus £10 Mi Smart Band 5 Black to basket, so £178.99 to pay).

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mi-10t-lite-5g-64gb-3594180

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

In anticipation of this being the first of a brazillian separate Black Friday threads

I thought this thread was about to go in a whole new direction for a minute. 😉

The observation about BF is also true of the “January Sales”. These days they are generally little more than a vehicle for trying pass on the old tat that the shop hasn’t been able to sell all year or cheap tat that they have bought in specially for the “January sales”. Plus they start earlier these days too. Back in the day, the January sales were indeed “an event” where you could get some proper bargains. For years now, though, the real bargains are few and far between and it’s just a cynical, commercial exercise.

dissonance

The observation about BF is also true of the “January Sales”. These days they are generally little more than a vehicle for trying pass on the old tat that the shop hasn’t been able to sell all year

Wasnt that always the case? Remember when I had a saturday job being sent up to the storerooms to find all the ancient stock which we then checked for any old price labels before sticking a new discounted price on them.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Google Nest Audio speakers are/were £70 (down from £90) on Google’s site as of a day or two ago – presume the other retailers are matching that now.

Can’t be ‘old tat’ as they only launched a few weeks ago. Sound is good as a single, better as a pair. I’ve got three now… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edit – yep matched at jessops, currys etc
    https://store.google.com/gb/product/nest_audio

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Wasnt that always the case?

Yep. But people were stupid before they could buy in to things they read on the internet.

dc1988

Isn’t it more the retailer’s selling things at the price they should have always been. Does anyone pay full RRP for anything anymore? With price checking websites it means consumers know what price they will be looking to pay and can wait for it.

darthpunk
    Free Member

There was an advert on for a kitchen company earlier and they’re calling it “Black November” – One of Counting Crows lesser known and more offensive songs

Cougar

Bored? In lockdown? Why not learn some things?

Udemy have a large number of courses reduced to ten quid. Granted, they generally use the DFS pricing model and there’s always sales, but this is the cheapest I’ve seen for months.

https://www.udemy.com/

sam_underhill

My pixel 3 had, what looks like, a motherboard failure last night. I don’t really want a new phone, but I’m forced into it now.
    I want wireless charging and waterproofness so that’s a pixel 5.

There’s a £40 off + a free google speaker if you buy from three on PAYG. That offer is on until early December, so I’m holding out for a week to see if the prices changes at all.

jkomo

To me Amazon appears to be full of people drop shipping stuff from aliexpress.
    At least with eBay and Gumtree you know it’s genuine and stolen.

matt_outandabout

I want wireless charging and waterproofness so that’s a pixel 5

And S10e

Spud

Unless you’re at the extremes of sizing, where their BF deals are very good, I managed to get some kick pants from Huub this week for 50% off. I wanted some anyway and was waiting just in case. Just need lock down to lift now so I can use them in water, else it’ll be dancing around the garden in the rain….

bentandbroken

Drac

For those who have just bought a PS5 or want cheap PS Plus 12 months for around £31 it’s not even last years model

?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=position_2_image&utm_campaign=2020-11-20

@Drac
    Try posting that again from your iPad 😉

PS – Not having a go, just can’t bypass a chance for a Mick Take 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

On the subject of iPads, any decent mid-range Android tablet deals been spotted?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

On the subject of iPads, any decent mid-range Android tablet deals been spotted?

If mid range means better than a Fire then there is a Lenovo on HUKD that the commenters are saying is good. A few think there may be some better deals come Friday though. We are looking for an upgrade for the daughters Fire but she has a Samsung in mind.

Drac

Try posting that again from your iPad

Ooops! Copy and paste fail.

tabletop2
    Free Member

Anyone seen any good 27.5 tyre deals around? towards the winter side of things

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘⭐ Official Black Friday 2020 Thread ⭐’ is closed to new replies.