Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA Good Deals on Motorola Phones
  • Freester

https://www.motorola.co.uk/moto-madness

Moto G8 Plus down to £150 upgraded Mrs F G4 to one of these back in the summer nice phone. I’ve got a perfectly serviceable G6 I must resist….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s a good buy, had one of those for 6 months now, so far so good.

midlifecrashes

The G 5G Plus is very very good. I got it the week it came out and it does everything a flagship phone does, but cheaper, but it looks expensive too. I think the only thing the reviews said wasn’t quite as good as flagships was photo app processing, but loading the GCam camera app (essentially the image processing from the Pixel series) and setting it to be the default fixes that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll need to have a look at that app mlc, cheers.

kimbers

Xiaomi have v good deals on at the moment too, £10 off £100 spend on their sale phones

Plus £15 off at checkout if you refer mate, but you can self refer!

Details & self referal link here

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xiaomi-redmi-note-9t-64gb-ps269-possible-ps159-redmi-9-64gb-ps99-more-at-xiaomi-uk-3654823

vondally
    Free Member

G8 plus or the g5? Mainly wanted for camera.
    What would you recommend?

midlifecrashes

I have Moto G 5G PLus, daughter has Pixel 4a, mate has iphone 11. We’ve sat and compared and they all take brilliant snaps, the night modes are just amazing. I haven’t got a G8 plus to compare it to, or previous phones were g6 and iphone 7 and the new generation is streets ahead, but I know it’s another £100. Remember you’re buying online, if it doesn’t seem that good to you, send it back.

bikerevivesheffield

My G8 is shit, slow, crap camera, and screen made of cheese
    G8 power btw

boombang
    Free Member

My G8 lasted 9 months before the charge port gave up, Amazon refunded without question.

I moved to it from a G7 which did the same after 13 months.

Gone back to an old Samsung.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Been thinking of a GPS to mountain my handlebars. Garmin or such nonsense, but I’m struggling to see what that offers beyond a smartphone.

Would a G8 power be a good option as a GPS?

Ewan
    Free Member

I’ve a G8+, it’s very good. My wife and inlaws also have them – 150 is a total bargain.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Been thinking of a GPS to mountain my handlebars. Garmin or such nonsense, but I’m struggling to see what that offers beyond a smartphone.

Would a G8 power be a good option as a GPS?

Aye, I tend to think the same, there’s a huge amount of redundancy in a dedicated bike GPS, I never really use GPX type routes, so a wrist option suits me better as I’m only really recording rides.

G8+ seems to be the better phone than the power, I use it with OS App in flight mode, so battery life isn’t an issue, lasts ages.

Del

battery life, accuracy, waterproof, robust, supplied with a dedicated mount. doubt you’ll be able to make phones calls on it though. 😉

Caher

I’ve got a G6 plus – good phone but i fancy the Nord next as things seem to have stopped working as they used to (ie NFC and Bluetooth are now pretty flakey).

trail_rat
    Free Member

Had various Motorola’s since the g3

Wouldn’t bother. The last 3 -a g7-g8 and a one we have had in the house have been poor. Buggy software from the box(but it’s cheap can live with that to a point) and fragile as hell compared to their predecessors.

Oh and good point the Bluetooth and WiFi iare not great at all – compared to any other phone I’ve had this g8s latest trick is having to manually connect to Bluetooth or WiFi it won’t auto connect. Yet wife’s phone and visitors phones manage to do so.

Wouldn’t bother again

Swapped to an ulefone.

jamesoz

Got a G7 power for work, don’t know about the G8 but charger port has failed, work wrote it off so I fixed it as a spare. It’s terrible for a bike computer, too big and doesn’t work as a steerer on Zwift. I assume it has no compass thingy.

Got an old Iphone SE, which is way better for that sort of thing. I did have it in a battery case as it went flat fast and low temps would kill it.
    Spent £11, put a new battery in it and it’s great for bike duty plus its compact.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA Good Deals on Motorola Phones’ is closed to new replies.