Home Forums Bike Forum PSA – Forks At Ribble For Much Cheapness?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)
  • PSA – Forks At Ribble For Much Cheapness?
  • el_boufador

Yeah I’ve just been on with the chat person and to be fair they behave been very apologetic/helpful/reassuring.

Ribble operations must be having a nightmare time

flyingpotatoes

Same here. Just got the email.
    Hoping the forks still turn up.

dyna-ti

Anyone still waiting on their stuff. Been quite a while now, though I am impatient. Just wondered if I was alone. Sale was one of he Pikes and I thought I got in rather early.

el_boufador

My pikes have shipped now.
    Seems me pestering the nice chat person yesterday got it moving.

With parcel force out for delivery from 08:36am but no sign yet…hope they turn up would like to include them in a bike build lined up for wet Sunday afternoon tinkering.

I did press ribble yesterday about availability of stock (I was getting worried) but they reassured me that stock was available (at least formmy order anyway)

purple_moose
    Free Member

Mine arrived today – I placed the order on the 18th – I had also chased the order up yesterday, which presumably made a difference to getting it out the door

submarined
    Free Member

Did anyone buy one of the droppers? How much force do they need to push down?

joebristol

I got a dispatch notification early this morning for the handlebars so that’s not as bad as they suggested. Need to acquire some new bar tape and a few different di2 wires before I fit them all though. Just want some more aero / carbon wheels after that but they’ll have to wait as I just picked up powermeter pedals too.

jonwe
    Free Member

Ordered forks on the 20th. Pestered support on 27th. Still waiting.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Ordered cranks on 20th, posted on 24th, arrived on 26th. Didn’t feel the need to contact customer services.

joebristol

My road aero bars arrived today – the 42cm ones. On the digital kitchen scales they weigh 242grams – pretty pleased with that

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ordered some 42mm bars for my brother, 250g, very well packed, wrapped, then double wrapped in bubble wrap

joebristol

Sounds like mine – big ish box, bubble wrap then dense foam taped all round it

flyingpotatoes

Bump
    Anyone had any more correspondence / deliveries from Ribble?
    Last email 6 days ago said they are working through the orders.

dyna-ti

Anyone had any more correspondence

I contacted them yesterday, but cut the live chat short as I had to go out.

Told them they had a week then it was going to be canceled and I’d want a refund.
    Though i cut the chat short, they still replied with an apology for taking so long(payment taken 20th) and saying he would chase my order up.
    TBH im not convinced it will do any good. Great if the fork arrives, but after this long I’m just pissed off now and couldn’t care.

flyingpotatoes

Thanks seems like I’m not the only one waiting then.

I would normally cancel the order but the forks were so cheap that I’ll wait with fingers crossed and hope they arrive this year.

toomuchtime
    Free Member

Paid 22nd April tracking says processing order heard nothing either

suspendedanimation

Frankly ridiculous bargain, expect loads of sales, plus disruption of bank holiday. I’d not be worried they haven’t shipped yet its really not been that long.

mattcartlidge

got a dispatch email yesterday for GRX crank, ordered 19th April.

pyranha

Thanks for the heads up on this, which I initially didn’t bother reading as I didn’t need forks – I was looking for a lightly flared handlebar though, so this is good – and we’ve got some ‘store credit’ from a previous botched order(!). I ordered the bars earlier this week and had a dispatch notification yesterday. Yet to arrive of course but at £9 posted – and I like them having ridden with the same on another bike – I can afford to wait.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Ordered some 650b tyres to try on 30th April. Posted 4th May and arrived today 5th May.

cerrado-tu-ruido

Anybody received their forks? had two separate orders for tyres and saddles which I received pretty quickly but still waiting on the pikes.

bikerevivesheffield

My pikes are due for dispatch on 10/5

matt_outandabout

My crank and bars arrived yesterday.
    And are now fitted.
    Who knew that curly bars could feel so different in use.

chestrockwell

Anybody received their forks? had two separate orders for tyres and saddles which I received pretty quickly but still waiting on the pikes.

Yeah, my Pikes arrived pretty quickly but I did jump on the PSA very early on.

dyna-ti

I’ve just had notice that mine are now in shipping.So thats at least something.

However, the parcel force tracking number isnt producing anything so its either too early or the wrong number :lol: So I have no idea as to when they are scheduled to arrive.

flyingpotatoes

Just had a shipping confirmation email of the pikes 👍

oopnorth
    Free Member

I ordered some gravel wheels two weeks ago from Ribble, and they shipped within a few days. But from day one the Parcel Force tracking number wasn’t recognised, but I thought that was just a glitch. After contacting Ribble last Friday, it turned out that they hadn’t put my house number on the shipping, it was just the road name. Ribble contacted Parcel Force and they cannot locate it either, I was asked to wait and see if they turned up over the week, or if they could locate them in the meantime.

Still nothing arrived so I contacted Ribble again yesterday to ask them to send out another set and they can deal with Parcel Force about the missing items, as yet I have had no response. It’s not been a great experience.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Magically, I’ve just received an email from Ribble (maybe they are reading this thread!). It turns out it was never dispatched, hence the Parcel Force number not working, etc.

Strange that it was just sitting in their warehouse for almost 2 weeks, but anyway, it’s now on it’s way…yayy!

dyna-ti

My parcelforce tracking number magically came to life this morning.

The stages are listed from the 9th, though the email from Ribble let me know the order had been completed the 6th.
    But anyway, its gone through from Preston depot to Glasgow depot and are currently ‘out for delivery’

So we shall see what happens. Hopefully they will arrive this very day and I’ll update.

It has all been a bit of a long drawn out process, but given the 1/2 price saving on the Pikes, it’s worth the time.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

My order (placed on the 19th of April) still hasn’t arrived. Apparently it was posted a week ago. Without tracking. Genius.

mattcartlidge

My order of GRX cranks turned up just now ordered 19th April, dispatched last Thursday, parcel force (no tracking) my account on ribble still shows no orders even though I got charged and got order confirmation and dispatch email, great bargain but not very slick experience.

oopnorth
    Free Member

tomtomthepipersson
    My order (placed on the 19th of April) still hasn’t arrived. Apparently it was posted a week ago. Without tracking. Genius.

Do you wanna bet its been sat next to my parcel, still in the warehouse? It looks like the dispatch team are having difficulty keeping up with demand.

dyna-ti

Hoorays :D
    My Pikes have turned up a few mins ago. All day wait in, but at least thats all done now.

Only niggle and I dont know if its a niggle or not, is the compression knob is a bit of a tight turn. Turns, but its nothing like as easy as on the lyrik. Obviously it has more range than the lyrik, but still I thought it would be easier on the fingers.

So happy bunny. Good bargain, thanks to Benz for flagging this up :)

I’ll see if I can pick up a 27.5″ Hope front wheel. Now the pro5’s are out, might be a pro4 on sale for cheap somewhere

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Do you wanna bet its been sat next to my parcel, still in the warehouse? It looks like the dispatch team are having difficulty keeping up with demand.

Well, looks like I’m having better luck than you. Kind of.

A parcel turned up this afternoon. Looking at the Royal Mail stickers on the box it appears to have been posted yesterday – despite them assuring me it was posted a week ago.

Unfortunately only 1 of the 2 things I ordered was actually in the box. Gawd knows how long this is going to take to get sorted. Sigh.

flyingpotatoes

The pikes have finally been delivered

PXL_20230511_184728339

jsync

Mine too

dyna-ti

The pikes have finally been delivered

Mine too

Can I ask the both of you how easy is it to turn your damper adjuster ?. Mine turns but is quite tight, and i dont think it should be as tight. Might indicate needing a strip down and reassembly.

It is a sep 2021 fork, so will have been sitting for a long time in the box

chestrockwell

I’ll check mine tomorrow Dyna.

flyingpotatoes

Will check tomorrow for you 👍

stanstorey
    Free Member

In case of interest…

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/level-2019-dropper-post-black-27-2mm/

Couple of those cheapy Level 27.2mm dropper posts arrived today…I had a feeling they’d be more than the stated 50mm travel.

They’re 100mm

Pretty hefty at 631g

Pushing down by hand in workshop, not arse force, they seem quite well sprung – hopefully about right when sat on…

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.