Home Forums Bike Forum PSA – Forks At Ribble For Much Cheapness?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)
  • PSA – Forks At Ribble For Much Cheapness?
  • el_boufador

Can’t read that I’m afraid. Too compressed.

Any indication of how much delay?

My order has been in processing_picking since Friday.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

https://postimg.cc/Js4ccnbX

“4 or 5 days delay in dispatching accessories and parts”

crossed

My Force XPLR rear mech arrived at the weekend, wrapped in a piece of cardboard and a plastic bag!

Just fitted it to the commuter and it runs well with an Eagle GX cassette and 12 speed Eagle chain. Can’t fault it for £138.

frogstomp

My Force XPLR rear mech… runs well with an Eagle GX cassette

Interesting.. I passed on one because it only lists a capacity of 44T. I thought 50/52T would be a stretch too far..

crossed

Interesting.. I passed on one because it only lists a capacity of 44T. I thought 50/52T would be a stretch too far..

I read somewhere on another site that it worked so I thought it was worth a try. It works well in the stand but I’ve not had a chance to ride the bike yet.
    I’ve also ordered a cheap XLPR cassette and flat top chain from the R2 Bike sale as I’m hoping they’ll work ok with the 11 speed front chainring I’m running on the bike.

frogstomp

I read somewhere on another site that it worked so I thought it was worth a try. It works well in the stand but I’ve not had a chance to ride the bike yet.

Let us know how you get on. I can’t get an XDR freehub for one of my wheelsets so can’t use the XPLR cassette.

uniqueusername

I thought capacity on a derailer was, the range from smallest to largest sprocket, not largest sprocket it’ll work with. Although thinking about it that ought to be a known value too.

frogstomp

I thought capacity on a derailer was, the range from smallest to largest sprocket, not largest sprocket it’ll work with. Although thinking about it that ought to be a known value too.

Poor quoting on my part – the SRAM blurb lists max tooth as 44T (rather than capacity).

frogstomp

I placed my order last Monday evening (17th) and it has just turned up today.

branes
    Free Member

Placed my orders a week ago – turned up on the weekend.

44cm ‘Aero’ bars are 265g… quite a lot more than you might expect if the 40cm one is indeed 190g, I think we can conclude that it isn’t.

joebristol

I’ve ordered the 42cm so hoping for low 200’s. Not a clue what my oem cannondsle alloy one weighs – but my main reason for new ones is so I can internally route di2 cables. Just picked up a bargain end of handlebar di2 junction box A so just need to pickup new bar tape and the various cables I need to pick up to make it work.

branes
    Free Member

@joebristol They’ll be 250+, but they do have the slot/hole on the drops which I think you need for the junction box?

joebristol

@branes – I’m expecting there to be holes to route the di2 wires through. The junction box goes in the end of the grip where end caps usually go. Think there’s a specific wire to buy that connects the 2 shifters together and goes to the junction box. Then another wire from junction box to the Bluetooth inline connector thing I’ve got that sits in the downtube.

Pickers

Hmmmm. AXS shifters and XPLR Mech arrived today.
    Mech in an open bubble wrap bag, shifters both in plastic bags – both should be sealed but both have been opened – one torn at the corner, the other cut both sides with a knife. I’ve no idea if there’s parts missing, and not completely sure what should be in the bags to start with anyway.
    Likely to be returned methinks.

tomhoward

Mine arrived like that, albeit sealed bags. From my knowledge of MTB AXS, there’s not a lot of ancillaries to go with them really, so not a lot to go missing.

ogden
    Free Member

@crossed am I missing something? Shows as €126 not including vat or delivery?

If anyone missed the cheap Force AXS shifters at Ribble, they’re heavily discounted in the R2-Bike sale.

They’re 120 Euro each including delivery which works out about £105. They’ve not got stock but are saying 8-12 days to deliver.

crossed

Use the code SALE10 to get 10% off.
    Delivery was €7.50
    Came out at €120 which was £106 when I paid.
    They’re under €135 so no VAT or duties at this end, at least that’s been the case with previous orders.

frogstomp

Hmmmm. AXS shifters and XPLR Mech arrived today.
    Mech in an open bubble wrap bag, shifters both in plastic bags – both should be sealed but both have been opened – one torn at the corner, the other cut both sides with a knife. I’ve no idea if there’s parts missing, and not completely sure what should be in the bags to start with anyway.
    Likely to be returned methinks.

Same here – probably just OEM stock that was destined to be built onto full bikes that now aren’t being built. I won’t be sending them back for the price they were!

Mine came with mounting bolts and a spare olive attached to a plastic tool. No spare barb so I just cut the one out of the shortened brake hose when I fitted it.

dyna-ti

My order has been in processing_picking since Friday.

I used live chat this afternoon, to check up on my order(fork) came back as saying they were getting ready for dispatch(probably stock answer/excuse) but I was really just looking for a confirmation i was getting them and hadn’t missed out without actually asking that.
    But at least its gelled them hopefully into action so maybe be getting them sooner or later, just really a matter of waiting, and given the amount I’ve saved, I’m more than happy to do that.

ogden
    Free Member

@joebristol my 42 aero bars weigh 273g, just arrived.

I’ve ordered the 42cm so hoping for low 200’s. Not a clue what my oem cannondsle alloy one weighs – but my main reason for new ones is so I can internally route di2 cables. Just picked up a bargain end of handlebar di2 junction box A so just need to pickup new bar tape and the various cables I need to pick up to make it work.

jsync

Are those pikes any good though? Granted they seem a bargain for £200.

joebristol

@ogden – thanks – that’s quite a lot more than 190g…albeit they quoted that for a 40cm bar. Maybe the quality control on these bars is a bit hit and miss?

My standard alloy bars are 320g I think – so it’s a slight saving whilst also tidying up my di2 wiring so I’m still happy for £40.

Daffy

@Pickers – YGM.

cp

Ooof. Thanks for the weight feedback. I’d be after 44cm and my current bars are 305g so I doubt I’m going to be saving anything if at all.

Phew, saved a few quid.

jonnyboi

anyone know if I can put a GRX single ring on a GRX double crank? at £51 its cheaper to buy the crankset than a chainring but I want to keep my crank length at 170mm

spyke85
    Free Member

I believe so yes. There is only one part number for the crankset itself;

Exploded View

stompy

anyone know if I can put a GRX single ring on a GRX double crank? at £51 its cheaper to buy the crankset than a chainring but I want to keep my crank length at 170mm

Yeh you can, I converted my double to single….
    same mounting pattern across the range

jonnyboi

Cheers lads, ordered!

captaintomo
    Free Member

Are those Revelations much of an upgrade over a 2015 Solo Air Pike? Maybe I should just buy a Debonair upgrade kit for my Pike if that is the only difference?

joebristol

Those revelations are ridiculously cheap.

I wouldn’t have thought they’d be an upgrade on a 2015 solo air pike – assuming you have a charger 1 damper in there. The revs might have a more modern debonair air shaft (not sure if it’ll be B1 or C1 in there) but the damper is worse.

weeksy

they’re probably better than my Suntours on the wife Eeb though :D

captaintomo
    Free Member

Thank you – I’ll look into a debonair upgrade for my pike me thinks.

branes
    Free Member

Maybe the quality control on these bars is a bit hit and miss?

Well it has a green ‘PASS – QC’ sticker…right next to one of the cable slots which reveals a few wrinkles inside the bar. Considering sending this one back, doesn’t encourage me that Ribble’s products are anything other than over-priced open-mould catalogue carbon.

ogden
    Free Member

Mine are the same but I don’t think it’s anything unusual, chop most carbon things in half it’s not gonna be as pretty as the outside. Also for £39 were you expecting much more than badged up open-mould? I thought that’s what most of Ribbles bikes were anyway.

Well it has a green ‘PASS – QC’ sticker…right next to one of the cable slots which reveals a few wrinkles inside the bar. Considering sending this one back, doesn’t encourage me that Ribble’s products are anything other than over-priced open-mould catalogue carbon.

branes
    Free Member

Also for £39 were you expecting much more than badged up open-mould?

Well, they were trying to sell this for £149, so I was expecting something slightly better yes. You’d be very disappointed getting this ‘190g’ bar turning up for that. (Yes, I know it’s probably halo pricing to make the bikes that use it seem high end, but still).

That said, it was more the point that Ribble seem to have had some investment and are presenting themselves as more high end. I was hoping for a UK Canyon, but looking at these bars it seems they’re nothing more than Planet X(*) with aspirational influencer (Hunt inspired?) marketing.

(*) No problem here with Planet X btw, I have one of their frames and some bits and pieces – you know what you’re getting from Planet X and they don’t hide it.

mashr

ogden
    Free Member

@joebristol
    my 42 aero bars weigh 273g, just arrived.

joebristol

@ogden
    – thanks – that’s quite a lot more than 190g…albeit they quoted that for a 40cm bar. Maybe the quality control on these bars is a bit hit and miss?

Just got mine, 274g on my scales. So quality control seems fine by that measure. The quality of the marketing material maybe not so much. However. . . £330 Zipps claim 240g, so seems a reasonable weight for the £290 saving

gotbike
    Free Member

I ordered one of the 11speed grx double chainsets. They’ve sent a 10 speed. Will these chainrings work with an otherwise 11 speed drivetrain or will my bike burst in to flames as soon as I fit them?

jonnyboi

Yes it will work absolutely fine

joebristol

I’ve had an email to say they have had unprecedented high demand for stuff so don’t chase them for at least 10 days from ordering. Who’d have thought having a fire sale of certain stuff would mean lots of orders lol?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.