Home Forums Bike Forum PSA – Forks At Ribble For Much Cheapness?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 164 total)
  • PSA – Forks At Ribble For Much Cheapness?
  • submarined
    Free Member

Anyone used one of those droplets before?
    Would seem ideal for my son’s bike, but a bit concerned his weight won’t move it!

drewd

I was also considering one of the cheap droppers. Does anyone know the length from the bottom of the seatpost collar to the saddle rail?

ogden
    Free Member

£42 delivered for those carbon aero bars…….go on then.

mashr

ogden
    Free Member
    £42 delivered for those carbon aero bars…….go on then

Let me know when you want to join me in the slight panic over whether or not your GPS, lights and whatever else you need are going to fit them

ogden
    Free Member

Let me know when you want to join me in the slight panic over whether or not your GPS, lights and whatever else you need are going to fit them

Looks like enough width in the middle? Usually they’d put bottom mounts for a GPS otherwise.

seriousrikk

Why thankyou.
    Those very cheap revs give me the kick I need to build a cheap / fun bike that I don’t need.

dirkpitt74

Missed out on the Pikes – not that I need any lol
    Although for £128 the Revs are a decent buy!
    Are the WTB byways worth a punt at £12/each?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£42 delivered for those carbon aero bars…….go on then

I was tempted, but thankfully I don’t think my Ritchey C260 stem would go over them, that and it already makes me itch that the stem and seatpost don’t match, I couldn’t deal with the bars not either.

mashr

Looks like enough width in the middle?

That’s what I’m pinning my hopes on. Think I’ve found a photo of them actually on a bike, so hopefully all good

crossed

Are the WTB byways worth a punt at £12/each?

Yes!
    I’ve tried the Byway and the Horizon and they’re both good tyres.

cp

I did not need to see those carbon road bars. Sorry credit card…

mashr

cp
    I did not need to see those carbon road bars. Sorry credit card…

Use Klarna, basically makes it free ;)

snownrock

Hahaha glad I prompted a glut of unnecessary (strictly necessary of course) aero bar purchasing.

frogstomp

Anyone received anything yet ?. I’ve read somewhere Ribble can be a bit slow in getting orders out.

No sign and still showing processing_promised for me.

chestrockwell

Not heard anything either but my money went yesterday.

tomhoward

I’ve gone from ‘processing-promised’ to ‘processing-picking’ on my Shifters.

H-B

Thanks! GRX cranks600 cranks for £30, cheaper than new chainrings.

tomhoward

Just had shipping/tracking confirmation email.

chestrockwell

Me too! :)

nickfrog
    Free Member

Missed out on the Pikes – not that I need any lol
    Although for £128 the Revs are a decent buy!

Yes agreed, I wanted the Pikes to replace my (old) Lyriks but I ordered the Revs, even if I don’t use them.

midlifecrashes

Just taken a punt on £30 GRX chainset, now I guess I’ll have to spend hundreds more on the rest of the groupset to take the Fargo from 3×10 cable discs to 2×11 hydraulic.

ampthill

Saddle here. 75% off and I don’t have to research new saddles

The old one is on the way out

crossed

If anyone missed the cheap Force AXS shifters at Ribble, they’re heavily discounted in the R2-Bike sale.

They’re 120 Euro each including delivery which works out about £105. They’ve not got stock but are saying 8-12 days to deliver.

tomhoward

Parcelforce doing their best to **** this deal up. Out for delivery at 9 this morning, still nothing…

mattcartlidge

I got a confirmation email, money has been taken but on order on my Ribble account. Web chatted with them and they confirmed order and should ship Monday.

Ben_H

Thanks for the heads-up.

Picked-up a GRX810 crankset, bottom bracket and WTB Byway 650b 47c tyres for a Kona Dew that needs to go on a diet – just the ticket, and at mucho bargainous prices. :)

tomhoward

Well, they’ve arrived, eventually.

packaging somewhat sub optimal…

OEM kit, all in plastic bags, no retail packaging…

jam-bo

Were you expecting any different?

tomhoward

Was expecting OEM, was hoping the box wouldn’t have holes in it…

el_boufador

That looks fairly shit @tomhoward.

Doubt all that damage was caused by courier?

Still waiting for them to send the pikes I ordered. Sat processing_picking since yesterday.

frogstomp

Mine’s in the depot, ‘prepared for delivery’.. I’m not holding my breath for them to turn up on a Saturday but it would be nice to get out for a ride tomorrow.

jsync

Am I the only one thinking that revelation is a prime candidate for a coil conversion?

tomhoward

Could have been, the box is loads bigger than what’s inside so wouldnt have been hard to crush, but has also been used before, as it has loads of other labels on it for gatorskins…

chestrockwell

Mine arrived yesterday and are spot on although the decals are different to those pictured. Box was also sub optimal but there’s no damage to the fork.

jwildcard
    Free Member

Some good bits on there. I wish I had seen the grx600 double chainset earlier as its out of stock now but the single GRX810 is still available but I’ve got a double set up.

razorrazoo

GRX single chain set arrived and fitted.  Mine was well packaged with bubble wrap and decent box. OEM as expected at that price.

spyke85
    Free Member

Apparently going to ‘try’ and get my order out at some point this week for a chainset

flyingpotatoes

Pikes are back in stock. Just ordered as I missed out earlier.

joebristol

Those carbon bars…couldn’t resist. Hope they got my stem etc. think my trace r will probably fit – although might need a different mount? Not a clue on my Moon vortex / meteor etc. Doubt my out front garmin mount (boardman branded one that came with a light) will fit but I do have a stem top cap garmin mount sat on my workbench so could always use that. £39 for carbon bars that weigh 190g and have internal routing is ridiculous.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

I tried to chase up my order using their online chat – after about an hour I was told they’re experiencing 4-5 day delays.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.